VIDEO: 10-Minute Jump Rope Cardio Workout
Torch Calories in 10 Minutes Flat
-- By Nicole Nichols, Fitness Instructor
(Scroll down to push 'play' on the video player.)
For more information about this video, please scroll down to read the text below the video player.
About this Workout
Jumping rope isn't just for kids! It's a high-intensity cardio workout that also blasts calories. No jump rope? No problem! You can do this workout even without a jump rope. Coach Nicole will lead you through a short warm up, cardio workout, cool down and stretching routine in about 10 minutes, making it easy to fit into your day. Free of complex choreography, this workout is appropriate for people of many different fitness levels and abilities.
- Length: 10 minutes
- Equipment: Jump rope (optional)
- Type of Workout: Cardio (aerobic) & flexibility
- Fitness Level: Intermediate to Advanced
- Impact: High-impact
- Tracking Your Workout: You'll find this video in the drop-down list of cardio exercises on your Fitness Tracker, so you can track it there (and estimate your calorie burn).
- Safety Precautions: Wear proper footwear and pay attention to your footwork to avoid tripping or slipping. Exercise at your own intensity level, using tips provided to lower your intensity if necessary. Only complete as much of the video as you can, taking a break to recover (by marching in place) when necessary. Never stop abruptly—if you get tired, try to stay moving, even if you’re just walking in place. As you progress, try to finish the entire video.
- Extra Tip: If you don't have a jump rope, don't have the coordination to use one, or simply don't have enough space to turn a rope, you can still do this workout by mimicking the jump rope movement with your hands.
- BUY IT! SparkPeople's new Cardio Blast DVD features a new and improved version of this workout!
- You can pause or rewind the video at any time if you need a break or need to watch for closer instructions. We suggest watching the video one time through before attempting the workout.
- This video will provide you with a short 10-minute cardio workout. If you choose, repeat the video a few more times to extend your workout.
- This video does not include music, but you can play a stereo or CD in the background as you workout. Just make sure you can still hear the instructions.
- To play the video, simply click on the Play button (bottom left corner) to start. Below the video screen, you'll find buttons for Pause, Stop, and volume control.