Healthier Ways to Eat Dessert
Smart Substitution: Dessert
-- By Liz Noelcke, SparkPeople Contributor
- Low fat cookie
- Frozen 100% juice bar
- Fresh berries with low fat creamer
- A few pieces of chocolate
- Frozen grapes
- Angel food cake
- Pudding made with skim milk
- Non-dairy frozen dessert
- Low fat ice cream or sorbet
- Pieces of fruit
- A fresh fruit smoothie
- Egg substitutes or egg whites instead of whole eggs.
- Apple sauce or prune puree instead of oil when baking to naturally trap moisture into your cakes and breads.
- Less sugar. A lot of recipes call for much more sugar than is needed. You might even like it better for a little less of the sweet stuff!
- Fruit-based desserts. Although you still have to be careful, these desserts often have less calories and fat than a chocolate or cream based one.
- One of our recipes. SparkRecipes.com is full of healthy dessert recipes just waiting for you to try.