More About STRIKERMOM5
Visit My SparkPage
Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
I have also subbed vegetable broth for the chicken broth.
As graduates of The Ohio State University, it's hard to get through tailgate season without some form of Buckeye candy. Until I work out something that I can eat, this is what I make for my family & guests.
I have also made this in a crockpot; low setting, 3-4 hours. The sodium is higher than I would like, but as we are generally fairly good about watching it we do okay with this dish on occasion.
This makes a lovely presentation; great for a brunch or gathering on the patio.
This is beautiful & elegant in presentation. I have not tried it with non-fat cream cheese, but if it was very well chilled, I think it would probably slice okay.
Please read the ingredient list thoroughly; there are some subtle differences between what is listed for sake of nutrition vs. the way the item is presented.
The recipe converter was not very easy to use for this recipe & I am completely unsure about the nutrtional values... the sodium looks exremely high & I don't know how much the bird absorbs in the brining process.
My family is very fond of this. I rinse the olives & capers to remove excess oil & saltiness. A serving is 2 thighs & @ 1/4 cup of the tomato mixture (adapted from Cooking Light)
Had to fudge the receipe list... this uses fennel bulb, rosemary & oregano sprigs
Recipes I've Rated:
- Egg and Olive Sandwiches
- 'Aye Caramba' Chicken Marinade
- Dijon Vinaigrette
- Saffron and Mussel Risotto
- Beer Braised Mussels
- Fresh Guacamole Dip
- Quick & Easy Chicken Tostadas
- Arroz con gandules
- Simple Pork Chop Recipe
- Tomatillo Salsa Verde
- Chilie Relleno Casserole
- Garlic-Herb Potato Packs
- Elegant and Easy Poached Egg in a Birdsnest
- Cherry Jalapeno Barbeque Sauce
- Sugar-Free Margarita Mix
- Awesome Mixed Berry Pie
- Lemon Curd
- Chicken Escondido
- Shrimp Scampi
- Soft Beef Taco
- Rogan Josh - (Lamb Curry)
- Strawberry topping
- Oven-Crisp Potato Wedges
- Honey and Soy Glazed Salmon
- Buffalo Chicken Sandwich in Crock-Pot
- apple crunch parfait
- Under 500 calorie George Foreman Grill Quesadillas
- Guilt-free "lobster" roll sliders
- Single Serving Chocolate Brownie
- Easy Pot Sticker and Mussels Soup
- Eggy Bread
- Chicken Osso Buco
- Radish Sandwich
- Crock Pot White Wine Chicken
- Slow Cooker Spiced Lamb Stew
- Cherry Dump Cake
- Grandma's Slow Cooked Pork Loin Chops
- Raspberry Syrup
- Low-Sodium Breakfast Sausage
- Carol's Kale Colcannon (Irish Mashed Potatoes)
- Chocolate Fluff
- Sugar - Free Maple - Ish Syrup
- Sugar Free Nocook Crustless Pumpkin Pie
- Homemade Sugar Free Chocolate
- Fluffy as Heck Whole Wheat Low Cal Pancakes For One
- AMAZING Fakeout Boneless Buffalo Wings
- FANNETASTIC FOOD'S Cinnamon Raisin Almond Balls
- Mock Wendy's Frosty
- 5- minute Sugar Free Lemon Cream Pie
- 4-Ingredient Fruity Sipper
- Pumpkin Brownies
- Cowboy Caviar
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Smoothie
- Balsamic Grilled Chicken Breast
- Awesome Breakfast Casserole
- Angel Hair with Lobster
- Almond Strawberry Salad
- Almond Chicken Salad with Asparagus
- A Luscious Fruit Dip
- Jenna's Crustless Quiche
- Zucchini Pancakes
- Boursin Cheese Clone - 1T
- Spinach Brownies
- Marinated Cucumbers
- Orzo, Tomato and Zucchini Toss
- Hot & Savory Sweet Potatos
- Creamy Cucumber and Onion Salad
- Springtime Pea Salad
- Baked Cinnamon Sweet Potato Fries
- Easy Mexican Chicken and Black Beans
- Baked Shrimp & Feta
- Smoked Salmon Spinach Quiche
- Pan-Seared Talipia
- Wild Mushroom, Steak, and Poblano Tacos
- Supreme Breakfast Pizza
- Breakfast Turkey Sausage Hash
- Spicy Honey-Brushed Chicken Thighs
- cornmeal crusted chicken stuffed with poblano & cheddar
- Light Omlet Supreme
- Spicy Garlic and Lime Shrimp
- Mushrooms in Garlic Sauce served in Tortillas
- Imposter Potato Salad
- Mahi Mahi Fillets with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce
- Smoked Salmon Frittata
- Triple Berry Smothie
- Four Bean Salad
- Shrimp Scampi
- Herb-Stuffed Pork Tenderloin
Recipe Collections I've Shared:
|Soccer Mom Survival
Soccer is a year-round sport in our household, which means planning ahead & making quick, nutrious meals that my family will love & won't make me crazy in the process. And now that my son is wrestling, well, nutrition is even more important.
|What a Crock!
Because the crockpot IS the weapon of choice when time is out to get me.
|Decidedly Different Dining
When my spouse & I were college students, the university dining hall featured special meals one or two Fridays a month. We tried to go as often as possible, and always felt like it was a night on the town. Now we can get that feeling at home, without the added calories.
Just add friends, music & a reason to celebrate. It's Tuesday & my son's homework is done? That's a reason *S*
|Just Desserts... I got mine; did you get yours?
Revenge (on the scale) is sweet indeed. Not ALL of these are that great for me, but still... as long as it's once in a very great while, it's okay to indulge as long as I do it wisely.
Brunch was always my favorite weekend repast... and now it can be again!
|Super Supper Sides
The main attraction deserves an outstanding supporting cast
I gotta' sneak a couple of snacks in every day, but they don't have to ambush me (Photo: Vince C "in his office", with help from Andy)
The joke is on you, scale :-) (2006: In Gram Adele's kitchen)
(Mostly) easy on the time & waist
Go ahead & make your entrees green with envy... add some great green stuff (and red, yellow, orange, and purple) to your bowl.
just a place to hold on to recipes before I decide where to store them or if I'm going to make them again.
|El Amor Que Sabor Latino
Our son, Gustavo, was born in Ecuador. We had the very great joy of adopting him when he was just a year old. He is the love & pride of our lifes. We love the cuisine from the Latin American countries we've visited (or hope to visit!), as well.
The weapons in every good cook's arsenal.
A lighter take on Italian fare
|Far East? Far out!
|Drinks are (not) on me
|It's Grill Time