More About CARADAWN
Visit My SparkPage
Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
This is a great game day food! I love the mix of sweetness from the dates, salt from the bacon and crunch from the nuts.
You can use any nuts for this recipe. I used pecans and the original recipe called for cashew. I made half of the recipe with nuts and half without the first time and the dates with nuts were a lot better. The nutrition information includes the full 6oz of nuts.
This recipe yields crisp-tender beans. If you prefer a slightly more tender texture (or you are using large, tough beans), increase the water by a tablespoon and increase the covered cooking time by 1 minute. To serve 6, increase all of the ingredients by half and increase the covered cooking time by 1 to 2 minutes. Do not attempt to cook more than 11/2 pounds of green beans with this method.
Froms Cooks Illustrated website
from Cooks Illustrated website
This recipe is from Cook's Country magazine.
This recipie is adapted from Chicken Sour Cream Enchilada Casserole from the Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook. I omitted the sour cream (hubby and I don't like it) and reduced some of the ingredients to make it healthier.
This recipe was adapted from the Pinapple Fried Quinoa dish by Erin on allrecipes.com.
This recipe makes enough for 6 side dishes or 3-4 main dishes. It is easily adaptable by adding chicken, beef, tofu, etc. to make it a full meal.
This is a great sweet potato casserole made with a thin layer of topping. The dish is very sweet without using too much sugar!
The chicken comes out mosit with an amazing Thai peanut taste. The penauts and peanut butter are perfectly complimented with the cool flavorings of the salsa, soy sauce, and lime juice. This is perfect for a day when you do not have a lot of time to prep but want a delicious, savory dinner.
This recipe is from Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook.
The recipe calls for a medium round or oval slow cooker. I used a large slow cooker and the sauce was done in 7 hours.
I only added 1 tbsp of sugar as it was sweet enough without the extra 1 tbsp; only 1 tbsp of sugar is in the nutrition facts. I also didn't add any salt but included 1 tsp in the nutrition calculations (and 1 tbsp black pepper).
This sauce is thick with a great, rich flavor. I love it as a pizza sauce and have also used it as a dipping suace for breadsticks.
This is such an easy, delicious salmon recipe. The combination of salmon and teriyaki sauce make a great, not too fishy complete meal.
This recipe is from Not Your Mother's Slow Cooker Cookbook.
If you have an apple peeler the prep time will be significantly reduced. It took me about an hour to manually peel and core (using an apple slicer) 10 medium sized apples.
This applesauce has just a hint of orange flavor to satisfy a sweet craving.
Sugar can be added as the last step if preferred, not included in the nutrition information (it was sweet enough as is).
AMAZING!! My husband and I loved this recipe from my sister. He has not stopped eating it since I made it.
Adapted from SparkPeople user DIVAMAC's Vanilla Scented Granola
This recipe is from the OhSheGlows blog. The chocolate chips are great in baked goods or they can be eaten alone if you are a dark chocolate lover.
This recipe is from the Better Homes and Gardens Healthy Living Cookbook. It is easy to make and very flavorful.
Make sure to taste at the end before adding extra chilli powder; the 2 tbsp was spicy enough for my husband and I!
This is not a diet food but an amazing dessert!
I adapted this recipe from the Pillsbury recipe "Peppermint Crunch Cookies". I made my own sugar cookies - Easy Fluffy Sugar Cookies (http://recipes.sparkpeople.co
=840741) instead of using their pre-made dough to reduce the calorie count a little.
*These are not necessarily diet friendly. They are a great treat and perfect for holiday parties. This is a fun and easy recipe to make with your kids!*
This recipe was adapted from a sugar cookie recipe by Stephanie on AllRecipies.com. It is extremely easy and so tasty! I added some lemon extract to bump up the taste, used half margarine and half butter, and used part whole wheat part white flour. The results were the best sugar cookies I have ever tasted! They are pretty low in calories and are great for cutouts, decorating with candies or sprinkles, or just plain.
Husband tested and husband approved - My husband tried them and had no idea there was whole wheat flour in them!
Great alternative to fried rice that tastes just like the real thing! My husband didn't even know there was egg substitute in it :)
Recipes I've Rated:
- Rachel Mac's Blue Cheese Turkey Burgers
- Peanut Butter Fudge Protein Bars
- Carrot-Cranberry Salad
- Whole Wheat Spiced Pumpkin Pancakes
- Low Fat Sweet and Sour Chicken with Brown Rice
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Orange Roughy/Fish Fillets with Panko(Please see note)
- Low-Sodium Apricot Chicken
- Healthier Hot Wings
- Herb-Roasted Idaho Potato Fries
- Orange Chicken
- Sesame Green Beans
- Pulled Chicken BBQ Sandwich
- Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Olive Tapenade, Tomatoes, and Feta
- Roasted Red Pepper Pesto
- Roasted Red Peppers
- Hot-Air Popped Popcorn with REAL Butter, Salt, and Pepper
- Spicy Low Fat Turkey Meatballs
- Chicken & Asparagus Pasta
- Zesty Chicken and Rice Skillet
- Homemade Almond Butter
- Kate's Chicken Parmesean
- Marinated Flank Steak
- Easy Feta Cheese Chicken Bake
- Sweet and Spicy Potato Oven Fries
- Glazed Carrots and Sugar Snap Peas
- Pico de Gallo (Authentic Mexican Salsa)
- Herb Crusted Salmon Fillets
- Quinoa with Spinach and Feta Cheese
- Shrimp Scampi
- Flour Tortillas
- Carrot Chips
- Easy Steamed Fish Packets
- Strawberry & Pear Fruit Leather
- Sizzling Shrimp with Corn Salsa
- Cranberry-Orange Muffins
- Kitchen Basics: Caramelized Onions
- Green Beans Sauté
- Taco Seasoning
- Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Banana Pecan Leather
- Dehydrator Sweet Potato Chips (Raw)
- Turkey Garlic & Herb Cheese Burger
- Vanilla Flavoring
- Low Fat Dark Chocolate Muffins
- Apple Strawberry Fruit Leather
- Ginger Beef
- Blackened Tilapia with Salsa and Avocado
- Cheesy Grilled Banana Peppers
- Hawaiian Pizza: 'SparkRecipes Un-Chained' Contest Finalist
- Whole Wheat Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- Healthy Chicken Vegetable Casserole
- Oreo Cream Dessert
- Cilantro Lime Scallops
- Whole Wheat Chicken Enchiladas
- Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Sesame Chicken
- Turkey Hash
- Blueberry Flax Seed Muffins
- Healthy Moussaka
- Herb Roasted Turkey
- Baked Chicken with Garlic and Sun Dried Tomatoes
- Cocoa Almonds
- Easy Ratatouille
- Tex Mex Calzones
- Coach Nicole's Chewy Oat & Nut Granola Bars
- Island Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
- Linguine with Spicy Shrimp Sauce
- Chicken Sate with Peanut Sauce
- Chicken Caccatore (Slow Cooker)
- Crusted Catfish
- Slow Cooker Nacho Cheese Chicken
- Baked Potato Wedges
- Honey-Peach Sauce
- Chicken with Bacon, Tomato and Thyme
- Rainbow Veggies
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops Abracadabra
- Coconut Dream Pie
- hash browned potato
- Balsamic Vegetable Medley
- Cod Grilled in Foil
- Stuffed Baby Zucchini for Two
- Taco Seasoning (Low Sodium Substitute)
- Garlic Roasted Red Potatoes
- Crustless Spinach Mini-Quiche
- Spicy Stir-Fry Scallops
- Mashed potato Wannabe
- Creole Tilapia