More About KDKOSMO
Visit My SparkPage
Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
This is truly an invention of what I had on hand and what went well together in other recipes I've tried. Hope you like it!
From a Thai cookbook given to me. I actually lightened it up a little from what the cookbook states by using less oil, less meat and making this 6 servings instead of 4.
From Clean Eating Magazine Fall 2012 issue
While you can purchase broccoli slaw in the store, I made my own. It's easy and UBER cheap. Use your food processor to shred 4 stalks of broccoli and 2 medium sized carrots. Hey, if you're gonna' buy broccoli anyway, don't throw half of the purchase away!
Modified from a couple other recipes I've seen
Modified from another member's recipe that had too much wheat for my preference. I prefer more veggies.
I'm trying to eat more raw foods, vegetables specifically. And this is a tasty way to do it!
I got this recipe from Weight Watchers. It's high in protein thanks to the beans. But pair it with a piece of whole wheat bread to make a complete protein.
From Whole Living.com - but I halved the recipe to make 3 servings instead of 6 servings. The original recipe can be found at: http://tinyurl.com/4tpuf9s
I also didn't use "Golden Beets" and used regular red beets, and it turned out delish! Be careful, the beets are very colorful and will stain clothing. So wear clothes that you don't care about when you're handling beets. I also used clean, food prep rubber gloves when handling them so I didn't have pink hands afterward.
Recipe from WholeLiving.com. Original recipe can be found at http://tinyurl.com/4rx2j5j
From WholeLiving.com. Original recipe can be found at http://tinyurl.com/4jfbd2c
I modified the recipe slightly here to accommodate what I had on hand and to make it a bit more reasonable amount of chicken in one serving.
Slightly refined from another user's recipe to have a bit less sugar, a bit more coconut, and a lot more realistic # of servings
A revised version of another recipe on spark to include ground beef and to make 10 servings.
Page 28 of Thai Cooking by I Love Food
Page 106 of Thai Cooking by I Love Food
Page 16 of Thai Cooking by I Love Food
Found this recipe from another spark member, but lightened it up by reducing the olive oil and cheddar cheese.
Kind of followed a recipe from another user on Spark while changing some of the ingredients and adding others. It's in the oven now - we'll see how it turns out!
I recalculated a recipe I found on Spark to match the ingredients I had on hand.
From Weight Watchers book (Sensibly Tasty Deliciously Easy)
Recalculated from cookbook to not include any oil, replaced the oil with an extra banana. YUM!
I recalculated a recipe I found on Spark that was very high in fat.
I found a recipe on Spark that is delish - but I had to add extra sugar and corn calories to recalculate it to how I REALLY made the pancakes and to accurately track my breakfast. Enjoy!
Very sneaky way to throw in a veggie - but tastes like regular old hashbrowns
This is perfect for using up those huge, new-born-baby-sized zucchini that get away from you in the garden.
I just sort of made this up with things I had on hand and it turned out delicious. My girlfriend tried it and loved it, too. Great way to use those huge, ginormous zucchinis that get away from you in the garden.
Kinda' made this up as I went and it turned out really good!
A lot of this was created by another user, but I had a turnip on hand and wanted to reduce the amount of oil used. Turned out fantastic!
Used lighter and healthier ingredients for my version of another users bars.
Just thought I'd try mixing two Jello products and see what happened.
Got this recipe from Healthy Cooking Magazine and it's SO GOOD! The original recipe calls for red bell peppers, I didn't have any on hand so I used radishes instead. I also used 2 cups of black beans I had already prepared, the recipe calls for 1 15-oz can of black beans.
Taken directly from Healthy Cooking Magazine. Made this for a BBQ this weekend and it was SO YUMMY! One of my friends thought the watermelon was tomato, so it takes on a cucumber/tomato salad taste.
I used a recipe for yogurt, cucumber & mint salad dressing from another spark member (http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-det
ail.asp?recipe=1046707) and thought this would be a healthy veggie/pasta dressing. Delish!!!!
From Healthy Cooking Magazine. I made a couple modifications to fit what I had on hand and it tasted fabulous. Recipe here is calculated on what I used, not on what the recipe says to use. I made note of the differences in the text. My version has much less fat...
Got this recipe from Health Cooking magazine. I didn't make it EXACTLY as directed, but the info for the recipe is below. I made notes of the substitutions I used and the recipe info is based on how I made it. Recipe calls for 6 servings, I made it into 4 servings.
I got this recipe from Healthy Cooking magazine. I modified a couple things (noted in the ingredients list) and included only the ingredients I actually used in calculating this recipe. Also, I made this into four servings, the magazine makes it into six servings. I wanted the soup to stand alone as a full meal. VERY GOOD vegetarian soup...even us carnivores won't miss the meat here...
I revised the recipe for Italian Turkey Lasagna Rolls to include the right calorie count and nutritional value.
Super easy, so yummy
After fall harvest, I have a ton of apples and didn't know what to do with them all. I have a favorite Jamaican Jerk Chicken recipe with Mango Salsa. I figured I'd add the fruit with my apples instead...
Could be a quick on-the-go breakfast or healthy snack. I will be experimenting with adding chocolate chips or raisins to the mix in addition to seasoning like cinnamon (not included in calorie count here). Also, customize with more or less protein powder as your diet requires.
I put this together with ingredients I had on hand on a day when it was too cold to go to the store. :) Tastes GREAT and warms you up!!
I copied this from another recipe on SparkPeople, but added more chicken since the recipe makes a lot of sauce. This is now 4 servings instead of 2.
I copied the ingredients from another user's recipe, but reduced it to be 3oz of pork per serving.
I recalculated this with from another user's recipe on SparkPeople.com.
I lightened up this recipe from another SparkPeople recipe, and it turned out FANTASTIC!!! Low calories, big flavor.
This could also easily be cooked on the stove top rather than in the crock pot.
I got this recipe from a friend who was on Weight Watchers. It's a very light cake and is deliciously moist and rich.
SO MUCH HEALTHIER than instant oatmeal flavors you buy in the store. I make several of these up on the weekend and grab one before heading for work in the morning.
You can add other veggies besides what I've included here. Other good choices include shredded carrots (they fade into the sauce!) or spinach. Also, any variety of pasta will work. So make this with whatever you have on hand.
Got this from Weight Watchers - VERY flavorful.
Recipes I've Rated:
- White Bean Salad with Zucchini
- Steamed golden beets and kale
- Neo-Soul Slow-Cooker Collard Greens
- Cilantro Lime Rice Burrito Bowl
- Easy Whole Wheat Flatbread
- Black Bean Spread
- Roasted Corn and Pepper Soup
- Mexican rice and black beans
- Jenny's Road-Running Energy Bars with Almonds
- Potato Gnocchi
- Lentil Potato Curry
- Kale and Kidney Bean Soup
- Moroccan Sweet Potato Stew w Lentils
- Slow Cooker Strawberry-Rhubarb Conserve
- Feta, Cucumber, and Radish Salad
- Salmon and Marinade
- Simple Quinoa and Vegetables
- Spinach and Tomato Pasta Salad
- Black Bean Chicken
- Roasted Kale Chips
- Low Fat Balsamic Vinegarette
- Quinoa-Vegetable Soup
- Marinated Chuck Roast With Sauted Veggies
- Avocado Salad Dressing/Dip
- Golden Sweet Cornbread
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Greens
- Turkey Chili with Corn and Black Beans
- Tomato Soup
- Whole Wheat Thin Crust Pizza Dough
- Creamy Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
- Butternut Squash Casserole
- cantaloupe and cucumber salad
- Slow Cooker Cilantro Lime Chicken Tacos
- Grilled Mediteranean Ahi Tuna
- Lime Quinoa Salad with Mint
- Brown Basmati Rice and Peas- India Flavored -1 c.
- Quinoa Pasta-less "Pasta Salad"
- Greek Pita Pockets with Tzatziki Sauce
- Coconut Date Balls
- Curried Mango Pork Chops
- Herb Crusted Salmon Fillets
- Caribbean Chicken
- Red Lentil and Brown Rice Salad
- Crustless Spinach, Onion and Feta Quiche
- Mango Black Bean Salad
- Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins
- Peanut Butter Coconut Cookies
- Baked Potato Soup
- African Sweet Potato Stew with Red Beans
- Zucchini Brownies
- jalapeno cream cheese dip
- Moroccan Chicken
- Sweetly Succulent Talapia
- Hot and Spicy Shrimp
- turkey stew
- Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Mexican Chicken Corn Casserole
- Amy's Mexican Chicken Casserole
- Tomato Basil Soup
- Baked Spaghetti Squash with Tomato Sauce and Olives
- Reduced-Fat Zucchini Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Crock Pot Pork Chops & Potatoes
- pumpkin plus any cake mix
- Butternut Squash and brown rice
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese
- Olive Garden Minestrone Soup
- Lisa's Chicken Gumbo
- Fresh Easy Zucchini Barley Soup
- Sesame Ginger Zucchini Couscous
- Turnip and Leek Soup
- Banana Rhubarb Muffins
- Hummus my way
- Coach Nicole's Yummy Hummus
- cornmeal pancakes
- Moroccan Garden Couscous
- Squash-Rice Casserole
- Zucchini Garlic Soup
- Baked Zucchini Parmesan Crisps
- Zucchini Chocolate Bread
- strawberry jam
- Black Bean Pasta from Healthy Cooking Mag.
- Cucumber relish with mint and chives
- Black Bean Couscous Salad
- Rhubarb and Very Gingery Jam
- Yogurt, Cucumber & Mint dressing
- Drop Biscuits with Green Onions
- Weight Watcher's Strawberry Chiffon Pie
- Creamy Garlic Potato Soup
- Vegetable - Rice Soup
- Homemade Cream Soup = 1 can condensed for casseroles
- Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing
- Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
- Gelatin Spritz Cookies
- Slow Cooker Boston Baked Beans
- BBQ Mango Chicken
- Gingerbread Spritz
- Frances' Ground Beef Stroganoff
- applesauce oatmeal raisin cookies
- Black Bean Soup with Lime and Cilantro
- Lime-Cilantro Black Bean soup
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Ed's Home Made Spaghetti Sauce
- Lebanese Rice and lentils
- Lebanese Garlic-Marinated Chicken on the Grill
- Ham Steaks with Applesauce & Cottage Cheese
- Asian Chicken Grill
- Grilled Sweet Potatoes with Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Yogurt Jello
- Tequila Lime Chicken
- Cottage Cheese treat
- Cool Whip Peanut Butter Treats
- Honey Balsamic Chicken
- Pong Pong Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Split Pea and Ham Soup
- Spiced up plain yogurt
- Protein Bars - Alton Brown
- Granny's Buttermilk Waffles (modified)
- Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Slow Cooker Ham and Scalloped Potatoes
- The Laughing Cow Chicken Cordon Bleu
- Crispy Ranch Chicken
- Low Calorie Chicken Pot Pie
- quick curry-roasted chicken with cucumber raita
- Creamy Carrot Soup
- Banana Honey fake ice cream
- Smothered Pork Chops
- Honey Garlic Pork Chops