More About TAROTGARDEN
Visit My SparkPage
Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
I found a really low-calorie recipe for Chicken Kiev here (thanks to BUSSMOM for that), and managed to turn it into a Chicken Cordon Bleu recipe and still shave off calories by making very judicious ingredient choices.
I found the base recipe for this on another site, but made some changes and additions -- and ended up with a tasty result that's even lower in calories than the original. Although I haven't tried it, you could probably make this a vegan dish by using egg and butter substitutes.
This recipe comes from the "Skinny Bitch in the Kitch" cookbook. The recipes for the pasta and the pesto are given separately in the book, but I've combined them here to calculate the nutritional information for the entire recipe. Furthermore, the book says this makes four servings... but when I divided it up that way, the portions were HUGE! I got 8 nice-size meal portions from this, so that's how I've got the nutritional info calculated.
Delicious vegetarian recipe my husband found on Saveur.com. I assume that the calorie/fat content of this dish could be reduced further by using lower-fat ingredients (such as reduced-fat cheddar cheese).
Single-serving dessert recipe (which can obviously be multiplied for more servings), taken from Lisa Lillien's "Hungry Girl 200 Under 200" cookbook.
My 15-year-old son wanted to make a fresh, healthy lunch for family and company one Sunday. Unfortunately, I, um... came home with a hangover Saturday night, and couldn't get my rear in gear Sunday morning to do some proper grocery shopping.
Tal (my son) had just bought some lovely garlic-parsley pasta at a farmer's market the day before; this is the recipe we came up with to create a lovely, if slightly unusual, pasta sauce with the ingredients we had on hand. We had a lot of people to feed; you can cut the recipe in half, or even go one-forth, for a more reasonable family meal batch.
It looks as though no one else has entered Ms. Ray's recipe for this dish into the database here -- probably because it's not really a low-cal, low-fat dish. But my husband made it for dinner the other night, and since I had to run it through the calculator anyway, here it is.
Recipes I've Rated:
- Sesame Chicken
- Not Fried Rice
- 2-Bean Sweet Potato Chili
- Tofu and Veggie Stir-Fry
- Garlic Chicken Kiev
- 100 Calorie Cinnamon Pancakes!
- Family Potato Casserole
- Easy French Onion Soup
- Thai Cashew Chicken
- Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
- Slow Cooker Marinara Chicken and Vegetables
- White Chicken Chili
- My Crock Pot Lasagna
- Mini Ham 'n' Cheese Frittatas
- Chewy Molasses Ginger Cookies
- Spinach Quiche for Kids (big batch version, some to serve, some to freeze)
- Orange Chicken
- Easy Lasagna
- Grilled Shrimp
- Slow Cooker Ham and Scalloped Potatoes
- Asparagus Parmesan
- Heart Healthy Fruit & Nut Oatmeal Cookies
- Mashed Garlic Cauli taters
- Crock Pot Sausage and Tortellini Soup
- Crock Pot Hot & Sour Soup (vegan)
- Rainy Day Soup
- Whole Wheat Chicken Enchiladas
- Freeze ahead spinach lasagne
- Sheril's Cheesy potatoes and ham
- Turkey and Quinoa Chili
- Whole Wheat Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Garden Vegetable Frittata
- Italian Wedding Soup In A Crock Pot
- Tortilla Soup
- Arroz con pollo
- Twice Baked Potatoes
- Strawberries & Cream Dip
- Buffalo Chicken Wrap
- Asian Peanut Noodle Salad
- BBQ Mango Chicken
- S'more Brownies
- Rice Krispies treats (homemade)
- Orange Juice Fizz
- Lo-Cal Dark Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- Lemon Velvet Dessert
- Garlic Twice-Baked Potatoes
- Hamburger Rice Skillet
- Concord Grape Juice
- vanishing oatmeal cookies
- Splendid Lemonade
- Yum Yum Brownie Muffins
- Applesauce Oatmeal Muffins
- 3 Point Pasta with Mushrooms
- Cottage Cheese Oatmeal Pancakes
- Italian Chicken in the Crock pot
- Corn Casserole
- Crispy Ranch Chicken
- Mexican Chicken Casserole