More About REEDSKI
Visit My SparkPage
Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
Colorful, healthy, and delicious. Only about 250 calories for a one cup serving. Lowfat and low sodium. Use whole wheat rotini or other types of pasta in place of the rainbow rotini I used. The Jennie O Extra Lean Ground Turkey Breast is really good. (It's so good I eat two 1 cup servings but I track it on the SparkPeople nutrition tracker!)
My Weight Watchers instructor gave us this recipe. It is filling, delicious, and healthy. For Weight Watchers it has 1 point for a 1/2 c. serving. I calculated the calories here. I eat a whole cup!!! Delicious and lowfat. I have also doubled or tripled the recipe.
I used 2 whole eggs and 4 egg whites for this recipe to cut down on cholestrol. The Trader Joe's Cilantro Chicken Sausage is zesty. They have other varieties of their chicken sausage. The Smart and Delicous Soft Wraps are found at most supermarkets including Super Walmart, Frys, and Krogers. Each wrap has 13 grams of fiber and there are several varieties. Whole wheat, sundried tomato, etc. I used the White Whole Wheat this time. They are really good!!! I learned about them at a Weight Watcher's meeting. I used green onions (scallions). 2% shredded cheese is lower in fat but still retains the flavor and tastes like cheese.
Easy to make. Handy ingredients.
Using an 8 section petite loaf pan with 8 very small loaves (like a muffin tin but shaped like loaves instead of muffins.) you can make these egg and vegetable "frittatas" at 147 calories each.
I might increase the tomatoes. You can use whatever type of cheese you'd like. The mini loaf pan makes bigger sizes than a muffin. You could add mushrooms, artichokes, any vegetables you have handy.
I wasn't feeling well one day. I saw this recipe in Redbook Magazine. I fixed it leaving out the parsnips because I had none on hand and to cut down on salt I didn't add the salt. I felt better the next day.
This recipe is from Quick Cooking Magazine. Peggy Key of Grove, Alabama wrote: "This a light, fluffy dessert flavored with fresh strawberries is a refreshing ending to a summer meal." It's a delicious dessert for diabetics and those cutting back on their sugar intake. Skip the ice cream and have this instead! It only has 55 calories per serving.
You could make it with raspberries and raspberry jello. You could make it lighter with non-fat Cool Whip.
Recipes I've Rated:
- Hummus eat clean 1/4 c = 1 serving
- Cilantro-Dill Mushroom Fish Bake
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Muffins
- Black Bean/Corn Salad
- Oven Roasted Mixed Vegetables
- Tofu Kale Lasagna
- Acorn Squash with Brown Sugar
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Oatmeal snack balls
- Mini Eggplant Pizzas
- Veggie Burgers (chickpeas, black beans & cashew nuts)
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Greens
- Black Beans
- Cheesy Spinach Squares
- Festival of Carrot Cake
- Pico de Gallo - Authentic Mexican Salsa
- Green Smoothie
- Kirstin's Simple Berry Smoothie
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Potatoes
- No Bake Graham Cracker Cheesycake
- Tasty Trail Mix
- peach smoothie
- Lemon Baked Cod
- Summer Pineapple Cake
- Crockpot Southwestern Chicken
- Easy Bbq Baked Chicken Breast
- Turkey Meatloaf Muffins with veggies
- Ground Turkey breast asian lettuce wraps
- Baked sweet potato "fries"
- Lowfat Eggplant parmesan
- Strawberry Cooler
- tilapia broil parmesan
- Jen's Bruchetta Chicken
- Skinny BLT
- Big A** Veggie Burrito from the "Skinny Bitch in the Kitch"
- Strawberry Cheesecake Shake
- Tortilla Pinwheels
- Beer Can Chicken
- Coach Nicole's Mini Vegetable Frittatas
- Hearty Veggie Omelet
- Strawberry Salad
- Refrigerator Cucumbers
- Super Burrito
- Feta & Spinach Scramble
- Turkey Tortilla Casserole
- Low Fat Black Bean Turkey Chili
- Crunchy Tuna Salad
- Citrus Chicken with Rice
- Oven Roasted Asparagus