More About YIAYIA-THALIA
Visit My SparkPage
Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
Rich and Wonderful!!
Plenty of fiber & flavor.
I wanted to lighten up the traditional (very moist) Bisquick banana nut bread. Yummy and a big nutritional boost.
I think I will add tomato next time. I actually made four, but I cut all ingredients in four for the recipe. No cold will be able to stand up to these. Lowfat and plenty of protein, but way too much sodium. I didn't notice the sodium in Trader Joe's pizza dough.
Not for those who don't like heat!
My mom would make pineapple&cream cheese every once in a while. I added some chopped walnuts for more protein and heart-healthy fats.
Great taste for only 120 calories!
This was an experiment that went right. Yummy!!
Delicious topped with Greek yogurt and sugar free syrup. A great way to use very ripe bananas.
Another adaptation to the Quaker Oat Pancakes. I enjoyed the carob so much with my oatmeal, that I thought I would try it in pancakes. Used a whole egg and 2% milk because that is what I had on hand. These pancakes are much thicker than the usual oat pancakes.
A hint of orange with a tang...oh so good!
The nutty taste is from toasting the rice prior to baking.
This is an old recipe that I got years ago. I tweeked it a little to make it a tad healthier. I used 93% Lean Gr Beef, only 1 Tbsp of Canola oil, and whole wheat flour to thicken. I also used Morton salt substitute instead of salt. So this is low sodium, low fat, high fiber and a good source of protein.
My mom used to make this for special occasions. Technically this isn't a casserole as it is prepared in a large pot on the stove. It is delicious and we preferred this to traditional green bean casserole with mushroom soup.
Very yummy bread. I only make this every 5 yrs or so. Although, it has 198 calories, and 5.6 grams of fat per slice (1/24th of loaf), it is good to know so you can plan for this most delicious indulgence.
I have enjoyed this in restaurants and packaged. Therefore, when I found a recipe from Life Script in my email, I decided to tweek it to use ingredients I had on hand. I replace Morton Salt Sub for the Salt, used olive oil in place of canola oil and used the fat free yogurt.
Box recipe prepared with Land O Lakes Butter with Olive Oil.
Lower Sodium...Not Low Sodium. 768.9 mg per cup, prepared.
I made this in the crock pot...21/2 hrs.
I keep having trouble getting enough protein, so I thought I would add some tofu. It tastes great! Whole grain, almost no sodium, 3.9 g of fiber per serving.
Packed with nutrients. Low sodium and only .2 mg cholesterol. Great for those with chocolate allergies.
I discovered this mix & it's great! I didn't want to add anymore fat for today, but can use olive oil instead of Pam for a richer flavor & Omega 3's.
Very Low Sodium.
Prepared using 1% Milk and 1/4 cup of oat bran
Main vegie is green beans. Uses dehydrated vegies. Prep time is 15 mins if turkey broth has already been made by boiling breast bones with 2 cups of meat attached.
Recipe from: "From A Traditional Greek Kitchen"
by Aphrodite Polemis
"This spinach is loved even by children when it is made with fragrant oregano and dill."
Check out the Nutrition Facts - It has everything.
I didn't add any sodium, but between the mayo and the olives, it has 593 mg per 1 cup serving. Makes 7 cups.
Made adjustments for lower sodium and cholesterol. Has olive oil, baking powder, and water instead of egg.
Recipes I've Rated:
- Amazing Lentil Spinach Curry
- Curried Carrot Soup by FANNETASTIC FOOD
- Salmon and Asparagus Hollandaise
- Fruit Pizza
- Spicy Black Bean Burgers
- Pico de Gallo - Authentic Mexican Salsa
- Chicken Satay with Vegetables
- Turkey Garlic & Herb Cheese Burger
- Blueberry Scones
- No Fat Added Pineapple Chicken Asparagus
- Zethel's Modified Rice Pudding
- Fish Loaf
- Soft-Serve Banana 'Ice Cream'
- Pea and Macaroni Pie
- Wonderful Stuffed Potatoes
- No-Bake Layered Pumpkin Pie
- Fool Proof Oven Baked Brown Rice
- Sweet Dessert Bliss
- Mediterranean Salmon with Pasta
- Chicken and Creamy Curry Wrap
- Balsamic Strawberries with Ricotta Cream
- Feta & Spinach Scramble
- Alyson's Vegetarian Chili
- New England Clam Chowder
- Cocoa Almonds
- Mocha Frap-un-ccino Un-Chained Recipe Contest
- Unchained Recipe Contest Chicken & Dumplings
- Un-Chained Recipe Contest: Banana Berry Smoothie
- Lasagna Turkey Bolognese
- Iced Coffee (Unchained Recipe Contest)
- Egg & Sausage Breakfast Muffin Sandwich
- Slow Cooker Marinara Chicken and Vegetables
- Creamy Grilled Strawberry Sandwich
- Curried Mango Pork Chops
- Blueberry Flax Seed Muffins
- Almond Chicken Salad with Asparagus
- Grilled Salmon with Herbs
- Coach Nicole's Fresh Guacamole
- Healthy Moussaka
- Greek Hummus Wrap
- Peach Crumble
- Slimmer Beef Stroganoff
- Chicken & Asparagus Pasta
- Sunshine Fruit Salad
- 100 Calorie Cinnamon Pancakes!
- Garden Potato Salad
- Chicken Curry
- Healthy Turkey Veggie Meatloaf
- Flaxseed, Wheat, and Bran Muffins
- Mandarin Orange Cake - Low Fat
- Roasted Turkey
- Mini Cheesecakes