More About _BACK2BASICS_
Visit My SparkPage Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
This is a recipe from Paula Dean. I reduced the sugar and the dressing tasted great.
The original recipe calls for ground beef. I generally substitute ground turkey in recipes for ground beef, but you could use lean ground beef if you prefer.
Recipe was given to my husband by a former co-worker and it was one from his mom.
If you cook the chicken before, this recipe is very fast!
I altered a recipe slightly and exchanged the vidalia onions for green ones and removed some of the oils (vegetable and hot chili oil, which were originally in the recipe)
I modified a version of an Eggplant Lasagna I found because it calls for mushrooms and we prefer spinach.
This is a recipe which was posted by CherylN on 9/25/2011. I eliminated the frosting and substituted applesauce for the oil. As per Cheryl's suggestion, increased the lemon from .25 cup to .50 cup.
For a different flavor, you can use 1/2 cup peanut butter or 1 cup of peanut butter chips, or 1 cup of butterscotch chips, or 1/2 cup of raisins.
Recipe in book is for one. I made it for three. The weight of the cooked chicken breast was 5 oz.
From Hungry Girl 300 under 300
Buns are not included in calorie count.
This recipe is an experiment which may fail. The cooking time may need to be adjusted after and thus I will edit. I added 1 tsp of cinnamon to the apples and onion while they were heating up in the frying pan.
Pre heat oven to 350 degrees.
Recipe originated from OHRITZ, but since I didn't have all of the ingredients listed, these ingredients were input to correctly calculate the calories.
Instead of the PAM, you can use 3 tbs of Canola oil. I opted to remove it from the recipe as it adds about 100 calories per serving.
With this amount of chicken, recipe makes eight -4.75 oz. servings. The amount of Ham and Provolone cheese used was used for 5 chicken breasts, although not each chicken breast got a full piece. If you make 6 servings, with each serving being about 6.33 oz, the calories are 421 per serving
I increased the number of ounces of shrimp. Not sure how many shrimp are in 3 oz. (From what I have read, there are about 8-9 shrimp in a serving)
Recipe calls for 2 lbs of ground beef. I used ground turkey and less of it.
Serves 4, with approximately 4 oz servings each
Cut this into 6 servings of ~7.5 oz each. I used an electric chopper for both the peppers and the onions.
Do ahead: Bake cheesecake; after cooling, cover tightly, and refrigerate in pan for several days.
This will yield 3 loaves which can be cut into 15 or more slices each. It is best to cut it thin.
The recipe calls originally for bone in chicken. I bought chicken breasts and tried it that way instead.
Yield 1-9x13 dish
Prep 20 min; freeze:30 min;bake:35 min
Makes 6 serving
This pecan-crunch coating also works well on grouper or other white fillets
Recipes I've Rated:
- Grilled Mediteranean Ahi Tuna
- Mango corn salsa
- Steph2003's Eggplant Lasagna
- Slow-Cooker Barbecue Chicken
- Grilled Tuna with Avocado Cucumber Salsa
- Grilled Sweet-and-Sour Chicken Packets With Rice
- Cue the Pulled Pork
- Crispy Ranch Chicken
- Crustless Kale, Sundried Tomato, and Parmesan Quiche
- Orange Chicken
- Turkey Meat Sauce
- Chewy Molasses Ginger Cookies
- Chicken & Potato Quiche
- Crustless Seafood Quiche
- Grilled Shrimp Skewers
- Healthy Moussaka
- Mango Chicken Skewers
- Beef Tenderloin
- 30-Minute Salmon with Strawberry Salsa
- Grilled Ahi Tuna with Teriyaki & Encrusted Sesame Seeds
- Parmesan Scallops
- Salmon + Provolone Quesidillas
- Marinated Flank Steak
- Easy Peanut and Sesame Noodles
- Tater Tot Ground Turkey Casserole - Super Easy
- Leprachaun Pie
- Frozen Fruit Dessert - Weight Watchers 1 Point
- Asian Marinated Flank Steak
- Skillet Turkey Lasagna
- Flaxseed, Wheat, and Bran Muffins
- Caribbean Chicken
- Spinach, Bean and Pasta Soup
- Garlic Cheese Mashed Potatoes
- Mediterranean Salmon with Pasta
- Honey Grilled Chicken Breasts
- Grilled Tuna Steaks
- Tuna Zucchini Burgers
- King Ranch Casserole
- Turkey and Black Bean Sloppy Joes
- Honey-Glazed Salmon
- Salmon on Greens with Lime-Ginger Dressing
- Grilled Swordfish
- Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- Broiled Tilapia Parmesan
- Light Mustard Honey Chicken - Baked
- Hash brown mixed vegetable Casserole
- very crabby salad
- Simple Grilled Salmon
- Chicken, Apple, Grape Salad