More About ZENMIND7
Visit My SparkPage
Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
Cook about 4 ounces skinless chicken breast. When cool, shred it into small shreds. Let cool.
* about 4 ounces shredded, cooked chicken
* a handful of fresh spinach, roughly chopped
* ground cumin to taste
* a little bit of chili powder to taste
* a pinch of dried oregano
* about 2/3 cup cottage cheese (I used full fat b/c that's all my corner store had, but you could use lowfat)
* half of the shredded monterey jack
* enough of the sauce to moisten the mixture - don't use it all, just a bit
* you can SKIP the salt - it didn't need it
Get a small square baking dish (9x9"). Spread a thin layer of sauce on the bottom.
Carefully heat a tortilla over a gas stove burner until just soft enough to bend without cracking. Or, you can microwave them for a bit.
Roll around about 2-3 big spoonfuls of the chicken mixture. Put it in the baking dish face down so it won't unroll. Repeat with remaining tortillas. I fit 5 enchiladas in my dish, 4 across and 1 on the end. Then I sort of filled the extra space with bits of the remaining tortilla, and distributed the extra filling around the dish, in the cracks, etc.
Slowly and evenly pour the rest of the sauce over the enchiladas.
Bake about 20 minutes at 350 (feel free to play around with this). Remove from oven and sprinkle remaining 1/3 cup of cheese over top. Bake for 5-10 minutes more.
Let cool for a few minutes, then serve hot.