More About CAROLFAITHWALKR
Visit My SparkPage
Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
I'm single & have trouble eating breakfast, but I do feel better when I eat a big, hot breakfast. However I don't like to cook it from scratch every morning (let's be realistic: that's NOT gonna happen). I made this recipe to suit my own requirements and preferences for Nutrition Tracker. I don't get hungry before lunch and have NO temptations to snack when I eat this breakfast (perfect for the No S Diet).
I serve kale colcannon as an accompaniment to crockpot corned beef & cabbage on Saint Patrick's Day, as my crockpot never is big enough to hold potatoes too. I was surprised to find no SPRecipe for Kale Colcannon. Usually made with cabbage not kale (except on Halloween), colcannon is healthier if you make it with kale, as kale scores as the #1 most nutritious veggie on the Andi scale. This is my tweaked recipe from Mark Boyer's County Mayo Colcannon recipe in Allrecipes.
When chicken goes on sale I buy in bulk and batchcook it in the crockpot or oven, with rosemary & thyme; then debone and freeze the meat in recipe-sized portions. When grapes go on sale, I make this salad! The rosemary & thyme add a lovely flavor to future dishes such as this salad. This recipe is also a great way to use up some of that frozen turkey meat leftover from Thanksgiving and Christmas.
• Red & purple grapes instead of green for better nutrition, reservatrol.
• Walnuts instead of almonds for omega 3's, but either are good.
• Turmeric for it's anti-inflamation and anti-cancer properties.
My favorite way to serve it is chilled overnight, eaten on a bed of shredded Romaine the next day.
Recipes I've Rated:
- Resurrection Cookies
- crock-pot chicken and stuffing
- Banana Bread Oatmeal
- White Chicken Vegetable Casserole
- Chicken Stir Fry
- Apple Cinnamon Crockpot Oatmeal
- Easy Bean & Veggie Burritos
- Dilled Salmon Cakes
- Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
- Crock Pot Chicken Chili
- Lentil with Canadian Bacon Soup
- WW Slow Cooker Lentil Soup
- Potato and Turkey Bacon Slow Cooker Chowder (WW)
- Crockpot Tomato Basil Soup
- Vegan White Bean, Sausage & Swiss Chard Soup
- Cilantro-Lime Rice
- Carol's Albacore Tuna Salad
- Israeli Salad
- Kitchen Basics: Beef Roast
- Vegetable Soup with Beef
- Cabbage Vegetable Soup
- Creamy Butternut Squash & Apple Soup
- Cherry Fluff Salad
- Slow Cooker Spahetti Sauce
- Taco Seasoning