More About BASILIC
Visit My SparkPage
Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
This is a variation of a salad that my mother thaught me to make. She in turn, got the recipe from a French cookbook. I modified the recipe by substituting home made mayonnaise with low fat mayonaise and adding dijon mustard. My mother used to serve it stuffed in a large tomato, but for the sake of economy, I just serve it with sliced tomatoes.
medley of lentils and brown rice cooked in chicken broth. Can be made vegetarian by substituting vegetable stock for chicken broth.
This recipe takes a little bit of time, but first few steps can be prepared ahead of time.
* If using mature swiss chard, separate stalk from base of leaf and chop and steam stalk for a few minutes until slightly tender. (I precooked mine in microwave steamer).
Using a hearty multi-grain gives this French toast lots of texture and is very filling. I topped mine with a berry sauce which I made with 1 cup of berries and a little honey to sweeten.
Recipes I've Rated:
- African Monkfish Curry with Fresh Fruit
- Skinny Scalloped Sweet Potatoes
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Greens
- Whole Wheat Couscous with Spinach and Squash
- Coach Nicole's Chewy Oat & Nut Granola Bars
- Eggplant Tofu Pasta
- Roasted PattyPan Squash and Herbed Chickpeas
- Crustless Spinach, Onion and Feta Quiche
- Mini Eggplant Pizzas
- Salmon Cakes
- Crock Pot yogurt