More About SARAWALKS
Visit My SparkPage
Send Me SparkMail
Recipes I've Shared:
Easy, tasty, loaded with potassium and Vitamin A!
This is a decadent treat. I make it for people at Christmas & try not to eat too much, it's almost like candy! If you let it cool overnight covered, you can cut into these small pieces which pack nicely into tins for gifts...and don't have too many calories each!
This is based on a Wegmans recipe, but without their basting oil and with quantities adjusted for lower calorie count. The taste is lighter and fresher.
Delicious bread! Quite satisfying even in small quantities. If you're really watching calories, try just a half slice with some tea or coffee!
These ingredients aren't exotic but they make a great stew! I'd rather have potatoes than noodles, myself...you could also add some turnips and not add many more calories.
Great way to lower calorie count of potato cakes, if you like turnips, which I do.
You could also add some chopped onion or chopped garlic...possibilities are infinite...
Makes a hearty meal - servings = 1 cup - or a side dish, with browned tilapia or other sauteed fish like salmon.
Subtitute celery for broccoli if you don't like broccoli, or regular potatoes for sweet potatoes. But good just as it is!
A quick meal using 2 purchased ingredients, 2 easy-to-fix from scratch ingredients, and 1 leftover...the brown rice!
Recipes I've Rated:
- Garden Potato Salad
- Roasted Butternut Squash
- Delicata Squash Caserole
- Red Kidney Beans Curry (Rajma) with Green Peppers
- Slow Cooker Provencal Chicken and Beans
- Quinoa-Sweet Potato Casserole
- Shrimp Creole
- Slow Cooker Pork with Greens and Beans
- Pav Bahji-- Vegetarian Indian Potatoes and Cauliflower
- Sugar Snap Peas "quick fry" with crimini mushrooms
- Yvonne's Quinoa Spinach Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
- Cilantro-Lime Tilapia with Spinach and Tomatoes
- Cucumber & Watermelon Salad
- Linguine with Spicy Shrimp
- Tuna and White Bean Salad
- Southwestern Chicken Soup
- Chicken w/ bean sprouts