More About TONYHAGEN
Recipes I've Shared:
You could also add some thyme when stirring in the cream.
Also nice is adding sliced olives at the serving stage.
My wife and my 11 year old son loved it and said that this would also be a nice pasta sauce.
This is predominantly a veggy soup but the dominating flavour is Pumpkin and nutmeg. Great taste and good to have also as a dip. Have it thick or thin.
This is a Dutch recipe. My Mum often cooked this because it was cheap and had to feed eleven of us. We absolutley loved it and often fought for seconds.
The cabbage cale can be purchased in a deli. (continental shop)
1. Using nonstick cooking spray, saute' the cabbage, carrot and onions until crisp-tender.
Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt baking dish (a glass 8" x12" works well).
2. Cabbage casserole - add 3 dullops of garlic paste, a pinch of sea salt, sprinkle of dill, thyme and veggie spice. And mix in with the casserole.
3. Peel and slice one sweet potato (medium) into thin slices and steam until tender.
4. Grease baking tray with marg or butter.
5. Pour casserole into tray and flatten gently with spoon.
6. Sprinkle Coon light and tasty, shredded cheese over casserole.
7. Add another layer of Coon light and tasty cheese.
8. Slice a large tomato into thin slices and layer this next.
9. Add a layer of Vegie mince or beef mince (beef mince must be pre cooked)
10. Place a layer of sweet potato over mince
11. In a bowl, combine the egg, milk, Swiss cheese and seasoned salt.
Pour over the vegetables.
12. Sprinkle with the parsley and Parmesan cheese.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
1. Peel and dice 4-5 sweet potatoes
2. Peel and dice 4-5 carrots
3. Mix 1 egg, 2 cups of low fat milk and 2 cups of whole
meal flour until smooth.
4. Dip the whiting fillets into the batter.
5. Dry fillets with a dip in bread crumbs
6. Place fillets into greased baking tray
7. Preheat oven 190C
9. Bake in oven for 22 minutes ) 11 mins each side
9. Place sweet potato cubes into saucepan and boil until tender.
10. Boil carrots in small saucepan and boil until tender and then add a can of peas and cook for another 4-5 mins.
11. Drain water from sweet potatoes and mash into smooth texture.
12. Mix in 100 grams of low fat cottage cheese.
13. Place a portion of mash potato into s circle shape in middle of dish.
14. Place peas around the mash circle.
15 Place carrot cubes around peas and mash.
16. garnish remainder of dish with tossed salad.
17. Gently place cooked whiting fillets on the mash potato
18. Add low fat yogurt on top of the whiting fillets and serve.
1. Prepare sweet potatoes into cubes.
2. Prepare cauliflwer into large flans
3. Place cauliflower into steamer and cook until tender.
3. prepare pumpkin into cubes
4. Grease tray with extra virgin olive oil.
5. Bake in oven 200.220C for 30 mins
6. When vegies are baked place on individual plates starting from centre.
7. Open a small tub of low fat cootage cheese and plave a dolllop over the middle of vegies.
8. Open a 210 gram can of John West Pink salmon and share equally along remain side of individual plates.
9. Place a slice or two of lemon over the salmon.
10 Add salt and pepper and serve.