More About KATHIE_B
Recipes I've Shared:
Serve over rice. We like roasted butternut squash as a side dish.
Mother's recipe from the 1950s
Make these as directed for appetizer size portions.
This is nice as a side dish (serves 4) but we also like it as an entree--toss with 2 cups of whole wheat penne pasta and don't forget to count the past and 2 servings of the chard.
I make this at Thanksgiving instead of plain cranberry sauce. I also make it in the summer to serve with Tandoori chicken and grilled pork tenderloin.
This recipe works for about 3# of chicken parts. We prefer thighs but I often make drumsticks for picnics. This is good right off the grill but even better the next day.
I like to serve this with cranberry chutney, carrots glazed with balsamic vinegar and rice.
This recipe works great for leftover roasted chicken or turkey. It is especially good with smoked chicken. If you can't find leeks, double the onions. Spinach is an OK substitute for Swiss Chard. I use an immersion blender to smooth it out before adding the chard and chicken but that step is totally optional. You could also allow the soup to cool and puree it in batches before adding the chard and chicken.
Recipes I've Rated:
- Zucchini-Carrot Cake
- Garden Fresh Lasagna
- Light and Creamy Cole Slaw
- Grilled Strawberry & Cream Pita
- Easy Ginger-Garlic Sauce
- Slow Cooker Strawberry-Rhubarb Conserve
- Slow Cooker Pork with Greens and Beans
- Cranberry Chicken
- Perfect Grilled Turkey Sandwich
- Fragrant Simmer Pot Sachet
- Cranberry-Orange Creme Brulee
- Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Panzanella (Bread and Tomato Salad)
- Italian Baked Chicken and Pastina
- Tzatziki Dressing
- Orange-Ginger Chicken w/ Zucchini