Yummy French ToastSubmitted by: YELLOW_LILIES86
IntroductionQuick, simple and easy french toast that's perfect with your favorite jelly, perserve or syrup! (And maybe a sprinkle of powdered sugar for those who aren't afraid of sugar!) Quick, simple and easy french toast that's perfect with your favorite jelly, perserve or syrup! (And maybe a sprinkle of powdered sugar for those who aren't afraid of sugar!)
4 slices of white bread
1 large white egg
1/4 C. whole milk with vitamin D
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 T margarine (Country Crock with calcium and vitamins)
2. In a bowl with a large bass, whisk egg, milk, vanilla, ground cinnamon and ground nutmeg for about a minute. Then set aside.
3. In a large skillet, melt 1 T of margarine on medium heat
4. Dip one slice of bread in egg mixture, coating each side of bread and allow excess to drip off.
5. Place coated bread in hot skillet.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 for second slice of bread.
7. Brown each side of bread for about 2-3 minutes.
8. Place french toast on the cookie sheet and put in oven. (This keeps your french toast warm while you cook).
9. Repeat steps 3-7 to cook the remaining two slices of bread.
10. Pick a topping of your choice or eat alone! :)
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user YELLOW_LILIES86.