- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 427.6
- Total Fat: 3.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 220.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 91.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 14.2 g
TX_3XDAD's "It's a bread!" "No, it's a meal!"Submitted by: TX_3XDAD
IntroductionSmells like a pizza, eats much lighter. Smells like a pizza, eats much lighter.
6C unbleached flour
1C dried onion flakes
1/2C garlic powder
1/4C red pepper flakes
1.5t morton light salt
2t canola oil (to grease rising pan and then loaf pan)
2. Put all the dry ingredients in yon mixer and mix.
3. Add yeast after 5 minutes, along with warm water until your dough ball is tacky but rolling around as a single unit.
4. Go for a 40 minute jog
5. Come back, wash your hands, knead it and take 1/4 of it and set aside into little rolls, the rest gets put into the greased loaf pan.
6. Let rise for 40 minutes.
7. Now 40 minutes in a pre-heated oven (350 degrees)
8. When it comes out, WAIT 20 MINUTES before cutting into it! Otherwise it'll get sicky inside.
Yield: a loaf pan and two rolls. Each roll, and 1/6 of the loaf, are a serving.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user TX_3XDAD.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
LOL THAT IS FUNNY GO FOR A RUN !!! I WILL HAVE TO TRY THIS OUT SOUND GOOD. THANKS.. FORGOT THE CALS SEEM HIGH IS THAT FOR THE WHOLE LOAF?? - 3/22/10
Reply from TX_3XDAD (3/22/10)
Running/jogging/galumphing: they're the new unit of measure! Yes, it's not low-calorie: I cook for health, and leave the portion control to the human. That way I'm not compromising on flavor. :)