- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 241.1
- Total Fat: 3.0 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 596.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.4 g
- Protein: 14.5 g
Vegetarian Chili with Sweet PotatosSubmitted by: RKBILLYGEEKGIRL
1 package Morningstar Farms Meal Starter Recipe Crumbles
1 package Trader Joe's Mirepoix
2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons cayenne (to taste) (optional)
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes, juice included
2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped (approx. 1/2" cubes)
1 (19 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
2 cups vegetable broth
chopped cilantro or parsley (to garnish) (optional)
2. Add mirepoix, garlic, chili powder, oregano, cumin and cayenne.
3. Cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add tomatoes and their juice, beans and sweet potatoes.
5. Increase heat to medium high, bring to a boil, stirring often.
6. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 min or until potatoes are soft. Stir occasionally.
7. Add salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve garnished with cilantro or parsley.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ZANSIDHE.