- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 235.5
- Total Fat: 17.9 g
- Cholesterol: 45.5 mg
- Sodium: 141.7 mg
- Total Carbs: 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 4.6 g
- Protein: 8.9 g
Almond, Walnut, Cherries Energy Protein BarsSubmitted by: DIVAEMY
IntroductionHomemade Enegy Bars withh all whole non processed foods. Homemade Enegy Bars withh all whole non processed foods.
1/2 cup slivered almonds
1/2 cup pecans
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/4 cup almond butter (although cashew, hazelnut, walnut and even pumpkin butters will work well too!)
1/4 cup coconut oil
1/4 cup almond meal
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup BSN Syntha 6, Vanilla Ice Cream Protein Powder
2 large egg
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup dried cherries
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut to sprinkle on top
2. Once toasted, pour mixture into a food processor and pulse until nuts are chopped and the mixture becomes coarsely ground (sort of the consistency of bread crumbs).
3. In a mixing bowl, melt coconut oil and almond butter (about 30 seconds). Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
4. Add vanilla extract, honey and sea salt. Mix thoroughly.
5. Fold in nut mixture, almond meal and protein powder until mixed thoroughly.
6. Add whole egg and mix thoroughly.
7. Fold in cherries
8. Press mixture into an 8 by 8 loaf pan
9. Cook in a preheated oven at 325 degrees for 10 minutes.
10. Remove from oven, sprinkle a ¼ cup of shredded coconut on top and place under broiler until top begins to brown.
11. Let cool for 10-15 minutes. Cut into 12 pieces/bars.
12. Enjoy or stack on wax paper/parchment and store in an airtight container.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DIVAEMY.