- Servings Per Recipe: 13
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 175.1
- Total Fat: 3.8 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 218.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 29.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 11.7 g
- Protein: 8.2 g
Chickpea Cauliflower Curry- Crock PotSubmitted by: HEART2010
IntroductionYummy crock pot curry recipe with lots of veggies. Tasty served over rice and topped with plain yogurt. Yummy crock pot curry recipe with lots of veggies. Tasty served over rice and topped with plain yogurt.
1 cup dried chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
2 T olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 ribs celery, sliced
3 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 t powdered ginger or 1 inch fresh, peeled & grated
1.5 t cumin
1 t coriander
1/2 t chili powder
3 potatoes, chopped
1 head cauliflower, chopped
3-4 tomatoes, chopped
1 cup peas
1 -2 cups water
2. In the morning, drain chickpeas and discard the water they soaked in.
3. Saute oil, onion, celery, garlic and spices until fragrant (about 5-10 minutes).
4. Meanwhile, chop other vegetables.
5. Place all ingredients in crockpot and cook over low heat 7-9 hours.
6. Serve over rice if desired. Top with plain yogurt to cool the spiciness. (These options not included in nutritional info.)
Number of Servings: 13
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HEART2010.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
This recipe is phenomenal! I made the following changes: used the whole can of chickpeas, used one can diced tomatoes rather than fresh. I left the juice with the tomatoes and only 1 cup of water. I started late so cooked 4 hours on high. I measured 8 cups. At 1c/serv I got 199 calories. - 8/30/10
I was expecting this to be spicy and delicious instead it was very bland tasting. It smelled great cooking but it just didn't translate into eating it. I've had curry foods before and they're always full of flavor and spicy. I tried adding more/different spices which improved it but not enough. - 8/18/12