Sweet and Sour ChickenSubmitted by: SANDYMCM42
IntroductionYou'll never want to eat sweet and sour chicken out at a fast food restaurant ever again. Not too sweet, not too sour...just right. You'll never want to eat sweet and sour chicken out at a fast food restaurant ever again. Not too sweet, not too sour...just right.
12 oz. boneless skinless chicken breast
2 TBS canola oil
1/4 tsp sesame oil
1/4 C flour seasoned with 1/4 tsp paparika and 1/8 tsp ground ginger
1/2 C Pinapple Juice from small can pinapple chunks in its own natural juices
1/4 C brown sugar, slightly packed
2 TBS Red Wine Vinegar or Cider Vinegar (I use red wine vinegar)
1/2 green pepper, coursley chopped
1/2 yellow onion, coursley chopped
1/4 C rum or red wine
1 green onion
1. Cut up chicken into bite size pieces; coat in flour mixture; heat the oil in the skillet; add chicken and green peppers and onion and fry over medium heat til cooked through. Add the rum, cook 30 seconds; Add pinapple chunks and cook an additional 1 minute.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix the pinapple juice, brown sugar, and vinegar.
3. You should still have a small amount of pinapple juice in can of pinapple. Take 2 TBS of this juice and add corn starch to make a paste. Set aside. You will be adding this to the whole mixture later.
4. Pour the sweet and sour sauce over the chicken and cook 1 minute; Now add the reserved pinapple juice/corn starch paste to the skillet. Cook until thickens.
5. Top with green onions. I serve this with jasmine rice.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SANDYMCM42.