Coffee CupcakesSubmitted by: HERCKLE
IntroductionTopped with Espresso Syrup! Topped with Espresso Syrup!
Eat for breakfast, a snack, or dessert.
2 TBSP boiling water
4 tsp instant espresso granules or 8 tsp instant coffee granules
1/3 c low-fat buttermilk
1 1/4 c all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 c granulated sugar
5 TBSP whipped butter, softened
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/4 c granulated sugar
1/4 c water
2 TBSP instant espresso granules or 1/4 c instant coffee granules
2 TBSP light-colored corn syrup
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
2 TBSP powdered sugar
2. To prepare cupcakes, combine 2 TBSP boiling water and 4 tsp espresso, stirring until espresso dissolves. Stir in buttermilk.
3. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour, baking soda and salt, stirring well with a whisk.
4. Place 3/4 c granulated sugar, butter and 2 tsp vanilla extract in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 5 minutes).
5. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
6. Add flour mixture and buttermilk mixture alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
7. Spoon batter into 12 muffin cups lined with paper linesrs. Bale at 350 for 20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick (I use a dry spaghetti noodle) inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cupcakes in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan.
8. To prepare syrup, combine 1/4 c granulated sugar, 1/4 c water, 2 TBSP espresso, corn syrup, and 1/4 tsp vanilla extract in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
9. Reduce heat; simmer 3 minutes. Pierce the cupcake tops several times with a wooden skewer. Brush espresso syrup evenly over the cupcakes.
10. Cool completely on wire rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
1 svg = 1 cupcake
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HERCKLE.