Flax Meal BreadSubmitted by: DIVAEMY
IntroductionI wanted a salty/savory no wheat bread, I found this recipe online but I made some alterations sucks as using coconut oil instead of vegetable oil and agave instead of sugar. I wanted a salty/savory no wheat bread, I found this recipe online but I made some alterations sucks as using coconut oil instead of vegetable oil and agave instead of sugar.
2 cups flax seed meal
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Agave
5 beaten eggs
1/2 cup water
1/3 cup coconut oil
1. Preheat oven to 350º F.
2. Oil a baking pan
3. Mix dry ingredients well - a whisk works well.
4. Add wet to dry, and combine well. Make sure there aren't obvious strings of egg white hanging out in the batter. Also make sure the wet ingredients are at room temperature so the coconut oil doesn't solidify.
5. Let batter set for 2-3 minutes to thicken up some (leave it too long and it gets past the point where it's easy to spread.).
6. Pour batter onto pan. Because it's going to tend to mound in the middle, you'll get a more even thickness if you spread it away from the center somewhat.
7. Bake for about 20 minutes, until it springs back when you touch the top and/or is visibly browning even more than flax already is.
8. Cool and cut into whatever size slices you want. You don't need a sharp knife
9. This makes 11 servings of 2 ounces each, each piece of bread has 7.2 grams of protein and 5.8 grams of fiber!!
Number of Servings: 11
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DIVAEMY.