Korean BBQ GalbiSubmitted by: BLURIBBONZ
IntroductionThis dish is traditionally cooked over wood and charcoal. This dish is traditionally cooked over wood and charcoal.
5 lbs Beef short ribs
5 Garlic cloves
1 Onion, coarsely chopped
1 Asian pear, cored and cubed (can be substituted with kiwi or rice wine)
1 cup Soy sauce
1 cup Brown sugar
¼ cup Honey
¼ cup Sesame oil
To Taste Black pepper
1 tbp Ground ginger
2. Combine the garlic, onion, and pear in a food processor and puree. Pour into a large bowl and stir in the soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, sesame oil, and black pepper.
3. Marinate the ribs in the mixture, covered, overnight.
4. Preheat the grill for high heat and lightly oil the grate.
5. Grill ribs until the meat is tender and the outside is crusty, 5 to 10 minutes per side.
* If You do not have an Asian pear, it can be substituted for kiwi or rice wine.
* Regular pork ribs work well with this meal too. This is what is in the photo. I only used i full rack with the sauce recipe so there would be extra sauce to serve over the top of some white rice that I served with this dish.
* If using an oven, Preheat to 350F and bake (still in marinade) uncovered for about 30 minutes, or until your meat is cooked through.
Number of Servings: 14
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BLURIBBONZ.