Mexican LasagnaSubmitted by: KATKTURNER
IntroductionA skinny, fiber-laden version! Delicious!
Is also very versatile - just mix and match and have fun! A skinny, fiber-laden version! Delicious!
Is also very versatile - just mix and match and have fun!
1 can whole black beans, drained & rinsed
1 can fat-free refried beans, softened in microwave
1 cup chicken breast, shredded
8 corn tortillas, quartered
1/2 cup Spaghetti sauce
1.5 cup low-fat or fat-free cottage cheese
1/2 cup fresh, frozen, or canned (& drained) corn
1 small can green chiles, diced (feel free to use spicy!)
1/2 cup canned enchilada sauce
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Mix cottage cheese, corn, and chicken together in a bowl
- In a baking dish (about 9x13 is fine), put a layer of spaghetti sauce. If you need a bit more to cover the bottom, feel free to add it.
- Use half of the tortilla pieces to layer on top of that
- Dollop the softened refried beans all over the tortillas, and use a spatula to spread gently
- Dollop the cottage cheese mixture on top of the beans, and use the same spatula to spread gently
- Drizzle the enchilada sauce on top of that
- Layer the last bits of corn tortillas over the cottage cheese mix
- Create the last layer by spreading the black beans on top of the corn tortillas, and top with the cheddar cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes covered in foil, then remove foil and bake until golden and bubbly, about 15 minutes.
*Gets better with each passing day! Top with salsa or low-fat sour cream or sliced black olives... yum! Also freezes very well.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user K_K_5795.