- Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 141.8
- Total Fat: 9.6 g
- Cholesterol: 1.5 mg
- Sodium: 227.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.8 g
- Protein: 3.7 g
CopyCat IHOP's Harvest Grain & Nut PancakesSubmitted by: EAGLES17
IntroductionI tried these today at IHOP and they were delicious! This recipe is just modified to be a little healthier. I tried these today at IHOP and they were delicious! This recipe is just modified to be a little healthier.
3/8 c. Quaker Oats
3/8 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
Â½ tsp. baking powder
Â¾ c. 1% milk
2 tsp. lemon juice
1/8 c. canola oil
Â½ egg white
1 tbp. sugar
1 packet Splenda
1 tbp. finely chopped almonds
1 tbp. chopped walnuts
1 tbp. finely chopped pecans
**Other nuts may be substituted for the almonds, walnuts, or pecans*
1. To prepare the "buttermilk" (you may use nonfat buttermilk if you have some), warm the milk in the microwave in 30 second intervals until it is warmed through.
2. Add the lemon juice and let it sit for 5 minutes. Set aside.
3. Lightly oil a skillet or griddle, and preheat it to medium heat.
4. Grind the oats, almonds, and walnuts in a blender or food processor until fine, like flour.
5. Combine ground oats, almonds, walnuts, and pecans with the whole wheat flour, baking soda, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
6. In another bowl, combine the buttermilk-like mixture, oil, egg and sugar with an electric mixer until smooth.
7. Combine dry ingredients with wet ingredients, and mix well with mixer.
8. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and ladle 1/8 cup of the batter onto the preheated skillet, and cook the pancakes for 2 to 4 minutes on each side or until the edges turn brown.
9. Serve by itself or with sugar-free syrup. Enjoy!
Number of Servings: 7
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EAGLES17.