- Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 209.8
- Total Fat: 5.9 g
- Cholesterol: 14.2 mg
- Sodium: 693.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 9.0 g
- Protein: 11.0 g
Fiber-ific! Beef and Bean Chili with VeggiesSubmitted by: CURVES_N_CURLS
IntroductionCreated 2007-06-28. Cleaning up stuff from the pantry. :) Created 2007-06-28. Cleaning up stuff from the pantry. :)
* 1 pound (8 oz.) Ground Beef, lean
* 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
* Fresh ground Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste [NOT included in tracker!!!]
* 2 1/2 tbsp. Chili Powder
* 195 g Red Onions, chopped (1 medium onion +/-)
* 220 g Mushrooms, chopped (one 8 oz carton +/-)
* 225 g Red Bell Peppers, chopped (2 regular peppers +/-)
* 2 cups Yellow Sweet Corn kernels, frozen
* 1 1/2 cups Equality Black Beans (canned, rinsed, drained)
* 1 can Heinz Chili Style Pinto & Red Kidney Beans, 398ml
* 1 can Old El Paso Refried Beans (vegetarian), 398ml
* 1 can Equality Diced Tomatoes, 796ml
* 1 cup Old El Paso "Thick n' Chunky" Salsa, Medium
2. In a large pot (dutch oven) heat olive oil over medium-high heat and add the salt and pepper if desired.
3. Add the vegetables, starting with the onions and mushrooms, and then adding the peppers and corn after a few minutes. Cook, stirring frequently, for a few minutes more.
4. Add the tomatoes, salsa, and all of the beans. Add the chili powder.
5. Bring to a low boil, reduce heat and simmer until blended and heated through.
6. This makes 12 generous 8-oz cups of chili. (I would tend to eat 1.5 'servings' or cups if eating it alone as a meal.)
7. Enjoy! :)
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CURVES_N_CURLS.