- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 63.6
- Total Fat: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 278.5 mg
- Total Carbs: 9.3 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.6 g
- Protein: 2.6 g
Braised Kale with Cherry TomatoesSubmitted by: HERCKLE
IntroductionMayo Clinic Recipe Mayo Clinic Recipe
2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1 lb kale, tough stems removed and leaves coarsely chopped
1/2 c vegetable stock or broth
1 c cherry tomatoes, halved
1 TBSP fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the garlic and saute until lightly golden, 1 to 2 minutes.
2. Stir in the kale and vegetable stock.
3. Cover, reduce the heat to medium low and cook until the kale is wilted and the liquid is reduced a bit, about 5 minutes.
4. Stir in the tomatoes and cook uncovered until the kale is tender, 5 to 7 minutes longer.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HERCKLE.