Creamed Swiss ChardSubmitted by: HERCKLE
IntroductionMayo Clinic Recipe Mayo Clinic Recipe
2 TBSP olive oil
1 1/2 TBSP unbleached, all-purpose (plain) flour
3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 1/4 c low-fat, plain soy milk (soya milk)
2 lb Swiss Chard, washed, stemmed and cut crosswise into strips 1/2" wide
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 TBSP grated Parmesan Cheese
1. In a large frying pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
2. Whisk in the flour to make a smooth paste.
3. Continue whisking and add the garlic; cook 30 seconds longer.
4. Whisk in the soy milk and cook until the mixture thickens slightly.
5. Add the chard and stir to coat well.
6. Cover and cook just until tender, about 2 minutes.
7. Season with the salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the parmesan and serve hot.
Number of Servings: 6
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HERCKLE.