- Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 55.5
- Total Fat: 0.1 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 7.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 12.8 g
- Dietary Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 0.9 g
Ginger-marinated grilled portobello mushroomsSubmitted by: HERCKLE
IntroductionMayo Clinic Recipe Mayo Clinic Recipe
4 large portobello mushrooms
1/4 c balsamic vinegar
1/2 c pineapple juice
2 TBSP chopped, fresh ginger, peeled
1 TBSP chopped, fresh basil
1. Clean mushrooms with a damp cloth and remove their stems. Place in a glass dish, stemless (gill) side up.
2. To prepare the marinade, in a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, pineapple juice and ginger.
3. Drizzle the marinade over the mushrooms.
4. Cover and let marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning mushrooms once.
5. Prepare a hot fire in a charcoal grill or heat a gas grill or broiler.
6. Away from the heat source, lightly coat the grill rack or broiler pan with cooking spray (I use PAM for grilling). Position the cooking rack 4 to 6 inches from the heat source.
7. Grill or broil the mushrooms on medium heat, turning often, until tender--about 5 minutes per side.
8. During cooking, baste the mushrooms with marinade to keep them from drying out.
9.Using tongs, transfer the mushrooms to a serving platter.
10. Garnish with basil and serve immediately.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user HERCKLE.