Deviled Eggs, LightSubmitted by: OILPAINTER
IntroductionMy husband and I LOVE these and they are so easy to make! We especially love making them at Easter. My husband and I LOVE these and they are so easy to make! We especially love making them at Easter.
6 large hard-boiled Eggs, peeled & cut lengthwise
1/4 cup light Miracle Whip salad dressing
1/2 tsp dry ground mustard
1/2 tsp white vinegar
1/8 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper, ground
Dash of worcestershire sauce
Dash of hot sauce (optional)
Sprinkle of Paprika (optional)
1. You can replace the vinegar & dry mustard powder with 1 tsp prepared mustard.
2. I wait to sprinkle the Paprika until I am ready to eat the eggs (so the Paprika doesn't stain the eggs.)
2. Remove the egg yolks into a small bowl.
3. Mash yolks with a fork to a crumbled consistency
4. Add the light Miracle Whip and other ingredients and mix thoroughly. (I like to use a hand-held mixer to whip everything together for a smooth, fluffy filling.)
5. Fill the empty egg whites with the mixture. (I like to spoon the mixture into a pastry bag fitted with a "star" tube and pipe the filling into each egg white cup (see photo).
6. Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
SERVING SIZE: 1 egg half per serving.
6 whole eggs = 12 servings total.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO BOIL EGGS:
1. Fill the bottom of a pan with eggs, but not so many that they stack on top of each other.
2. Bring the water to a boil, and time 10 minutes from when it starts boiling.
3. Turn the stove off after those 10 minutes, cover the pan and let it sit for 10 more minutes.
4. Shock the eggs (still shelled) in ice water and they should come out perfectly, not rubbery, and no yucky green around the yolk from overcooking!