- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 85.6
- Total Fat: 0.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 10.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 22.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.0 g
- Protein: 0.8 g
Mock Bananas Foster- SUPER low calorie!Submitted by: EAGLES17
IntroductionA yummy dessert that tasted EXACTLY like bananas foster. My favorite indulgence! A yummy dessert that tasted EXACTLY like bananas foster. My favorite indulgence!
1 banana, quartered (cut it in half, then half again)
1/2 tsp. brown sugar
3/4 tsp. sugar free maple syrup
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (optional: you can use the microwave or just use your broiler).
2. Place the 4 quarters of the banana on a baking dish.
3. Take the brown sugar and literally spinkle it (I use my finger and just rub the surface so it comes off in individual crystals).
4. Then, drizzle the maple syrup over the bananas.
5. Place the dish into the oven, microwave, or broiler and set your timer: about 5-10 minutes in the oven, 3-5 minutes under the broiler, 30 seconds-1 minute in the microwave.
*Be sure to watch these as all kitchen appliances are different and vary in cooking times*
6. When the bananas are just how you like them (either crispy or slightly burnt or just soft enough), take them out (be careful, they're hot!) and either transfer to another bowl or eat it right out of the dish.
I love to eat mine with Turkey Hill No Sugar Added Vanilla Bean ice cream (only 70 calories per 1/2 cup!), Fat Free Cool Whip, or Nonfat Cottage Cheese- YUMMY!
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user EAGLES17.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
My husband and I loved this. I did make a mistake though I used real Maple syrup-it was fantastic. I My bananas were really ripe and needed to be used. I put the quartes round the edges of the plate, did the sugar as you said, I put grated Chocolate on my husbands. Microwaved just 30 secs+Yogurt.YUM - 2/2/10
very good and super easy. I pretty much sprinkled brown sugar on 2 bananas and put them in the microwave for 5 minutes. I let it sit and put a 2 tbsp. of cool whip lite on it and viola, tasty. I did not put the maple sugar on it. I think it would have been too sweet! Thanks for posting this! - 1/8/10