Low-Carb, Gluten-Free GranolaSubmitted by: KRAVMAGAGIRL
1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
3/4 cup sunflower seeds
3/4 cup pumpkin seeds, hulled
3/4 cup sesame seeds
1 1/2 cups reduced fat coconut shreds, dried unsweetened
1 teaspoons cinnamon, or to taste
1/4 teaspoon salt
stevia equal to 1/2 cup sugar
4 tablespoon coconut oil
1/2 cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Makes approx 30 quarter-cup servings.
Preheat oven to 325¡F, and line a large baking pan with foil.
1. In a large bowl combine nuts, seeds, coconut. Stir in the cinnamon and salt.
2. Stir in the oil and mix until the nuts are thoroughly coated.
3. Add the water, stevia, and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
4. Transfer to pan and bake for 30 minutes. Remove pan and stir thoroughly, to even out the baking process.
5. Return to oven and bake for another 30 minutes or until dry, crisp and lightly-browned.
6. Remove from oven. Adjust seasoning while granola is still warm.
7. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container.
Number of Servings: 30
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user PESCETARIAN.