Eggplant CurrySubmitted by: ANEWAY
IntroductionMild Vegetarian Curry - This is a mild, fragrant, sweet yet savory curry that is perfect over Jasmine rice or alone. Mild Vegetarian Curry - This is a mild, fragrant, sweet yet savory curry that is perfect over Jasmine rice or alone.
* Eggplant, fresh, 1 eggplant, peeled, cut into 1-inch cubes
* Olive Oil, 2 tbsp
* Onions, raw, 1 large yellow skinned, peeled and chopped
* Peppers, sweet, red, fresh, 1 large (2-1/4 per lb, approx 3-3/4" seeded and diced
* Garlic, 4 cloves, minced
* *Tomatoes, red, ripe, canned, chopped 1 14oz. can
* Mango Chutney, 0.25 cup
* Curry powder, 2 tbsp or Curry Paste (mild)
* Coarse Salt and Pepper to taste
* Vegetable Broth, 1 cup
* Cilantro - Fresh, 2 tbsp
* Almonds, .25 cup, slivered, toasted (optional - garnish)
* Scallions, raw, 8 tbsp thinly sliced (optional - garnish)
Prepare rice according to package directions if desired to have rice. Heat a deep, heavy bottemed nonstick skillet over medium to medium hight heat. When the pan is hot, add oil, eggplant, onion, and bell pepper. Cover pan and cook 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and add garlic; cook 1 minute more. Add tomatoes, chutney, curry, salt and broth. Stir to combine and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes over low heat for flavors to combine. Remove curry from heat and stir in cilantro. Serve with 1 Tbs. slivered, toasted almonds and 2 Tbs scallions.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ANEWAY.