Bolognese sauceSubmitted by: FITGIRL07
* Ground beef, lean, 2 lbs (remove)
* Crushed Tomatoes, 2 28oz cans (remove)
* Carrots, cooked, 1 cup, diced (remove)
* Celery, cooked, 1 cup, diced (remove)
* Onions, raw, 1 1/2 cup, chopped (remove)
* White Wine, 1 3/4 c. chardonnay (remove)
* Milk 1%, 1 cup (remove)
* Salt, 1 tsp (remove)
* Pepper, black, 1 tsp (remove)
* Nutmeg, ground, 1/8 tsp (remove)
* Butter, unsalted, 1 stick (remove)
* Olive Oil, 1/2 cup (remove)
a rich sauce, about 2 1/2 hours. Taste and adjust seasoning. Serve immediately over pasta or cool and freeze. Sauce may be kept in fridge up to 1 week and frozen up to two months.
Check the level of the sauce prior to adding wine and milk, and simmer
down to the mark.
Number of Servings: 20
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user FITGIRL07.