- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 2,141.0
- Total Fat: 129.3 g
- Cholesterol: 444.5 mg
- Sodium: 435.8 mg
- Total Carbs: 203.4 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.8 g
- Protein: 46.4 g
Crepes (Hungarian Palacsinta)Submitted by: LLLZAD
IntroductionThese are the Hungarian version of crepes. This is a recipe I learned from my mother. They are perfect for filling with meat, and vegetables for a main course, or with fruit and chocolate for dessert.
There is no sugar in this recipe. These are the Hungarian version of crepes. This is a recipe I learned from my mother. They are perfect for filling with meat, and vegetables for a main course, or with fruit and chocolate for dessert.
There is no sugar in this recipe.
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1 cup soda water
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 dash salt
1. Using a whisk combine the flour and eggs and milk and mix until smooth. Stir in vegetable oil, and salt until combined.
2. Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
3. Slowly add the club soda, and gently whisk into the batter until combined. Let the batter sit for 15 minutes (room temperature is fine, but may be placed in fridge of to be left for longer.)
4. When you are ready to start cooking, heat a lightly greased crepe pan over medium heat. Take the batter from the refrigerator and give it a good whisk.
5. Pour about a 1/4 cup of batter into the pan and cook the crepe for about one minute. Flip and cook for another minute, or until golden, Place the cooked crepe on a plate, and repeat the process until all the batter is used.
6. Fill with your desired filling, or serve plain and let your guests be creative!
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LLLZAD.
Rate This Recipe
Member Ratings For This Recipe
Oh my what a delightful blast from my past! Palacsinta is wonderful comfort food. My grandma used to make her Palacsinta in a similar way but I don't recall her using cooking oil when she made it. I'll have to try this out. I do have my doubts about the calorie count for each one. Seems too high. - 5/1/10