Cajun RatatouilleSubmitted by: RKBILLYGEEKGIRL
1 medium eggplant, cubed
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, coarsely chopped
1 green pepper, coarsely chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 small zucchini, chopped
1 squash, chopped
2 cans diced tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
Parmesan cheese (optional)
Cajun Seasoning (optional)
2. Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
3. Saute the eggplant until browned, add onion and pepper. Cook for two minutes.
4. Add garlic, zucchini, squash, and tomatoes.
5. Cover and cook for 10-30 minutes, stirring every five minutes until a soft stew has formed.
6. Add salt, pepper, (or cajun seasoning) and basil.
7. (optional) Sprinkle with the cheese and serve.
Makes 5 one and three-quarter cup servings. Serve over polenta.
Number of Servings: 5
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user ZANSIDHE.