Easy Mexican BakeSubmitted by: SASSAH001
IntroductionGreat for a really simple dinner that isn't that bad on calories with huge portions! Great for a really simple dinner that isn't that bad on calories with huge portions!
1lb of Ground beef
1 Packet of taco seasoning
1 can fat free refried beans/ Brand of your choice
1packet easy spanish rice/ Brand of your choice
1c total of shredded cheese( I use cheddar and pepperjack)
6oz of fritos
1 can of Black olives
1 can enchilada sauce/ Brand of your choice
1. Brown beef and add taco seasoning according to the directions on the packet.
2. While browning the beef start your spanish rice in accordance with the directions on the packet.
3. While everything is cooking open your can of beans and spread it in the bottom of your casserole dish.
4. Drizzle lightly with enchilada sauce(I normally use a can opener on two sides one slit larger than the other so it drizzles easily and you don't spill it all on at once)
5. The ground beef will probably finish before your rice. Spread this on top of the beans and drizzle with enchilada Sauce.
6. Lastly take the rice and put it on top of your beans and beef. Drizzle with enchilada sauce.
7. Place in the oven uncovered for about 20-30 minutes at 350.
8. Pull out of the oven and press the fritos onto the top.
9. Spread the cheese evenly.
10. Drain olives and put them on top ( use whole olives, but this can be personal preference)
11. Place back into the oven till cheese is melted and starting to bubble (normally 5 minutes).
Number of Servings: 9
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SASSAH001.