Maple-Walnut ChickenSubmitted by: DESIJ24
IntroductionYummy and quick (30 minute) recipe Yummy and quick (30 minute) recipe
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (6 to 7 oz each)
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1 Tbsp. packed fresh Thyme leaves
1/2 c. walnuts
5 Tbsp. cider vinegar
3 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 pkg. precooked pilaf
1. Rub chicken breast with oil, then rub with thyme, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspon pepper. Let stand.
2. In 12 inch non-stick skillet, toast walnuts on medium 4 to 6 minutes or until golden and fragrant, stirring occasionally. Transfer walnuts to dish; do not remove skillet from heat.
3. Add chicken to same skillet, cook 12 minutes or until golden brown and juices run clear when pierced with tip of knife, turning frequently. Transfer chicken to clean plate; do not remove skillet from heat.
4. To same skillet, add vinegar and cook 1 minute, stirring. Add syrup and 1/2 cup water, simmer 6 to 7 min. or until mixture has thickened, stirring occasionally.
5. Meanwhile, cook pilaf in microwave according to package directions.
6. Stir walnuts and any chicken juices into sauce. Divide pilaf among 4 plates. Top with chicken, and spoon maple walnut sauce all around.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DESIJ24.