- Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 1,843.5
- Total Fat: 0.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 7,960.1 mg
- Total Carbs: 454.7 g
- Dietary Fiber: 6.5 g
- Protein: 4.9 g
Fred's awesome rib marinadeSubmitted by: SERENDIPITYFR0G
IntroductionThere are 2 sets of ingredients, and I do not want you to get confused... So read the directions and choose your style.
THANK YOU FRED!! IT'S YUMMY! There are 2 sets of ingredients, and I do not want you to get confused... So read the directions and choose your style.
THANK YOU FRED!! IT'S YUMMY!
Basically, the ingredients are in the directions.
Choice 1 is with marinating.
1. Any ribs can be marinated in a large dish pan.
2. You would boil them for 15-30 minutes on top of the stove.
3. Keep the liqour (water) on them.
4. Overnight let them soak in a small amount of salt & pepper (RED or BLACK) if they are beef. (pork! do not use salt)
5. Then you will take an oven rotissarie pan or one of your own that you use for flat cakes.
6. Pile the meat in with just enough liqour to cover the bottom of pan for no sticking. (liqour from the boil) (drain the water)
7. Fred always uses 1 sliced green onion layered on top. Cut up a green bell pepper in slices and surround the sides. Take 3 pineapple slices (sick them inside of the foil on top of the meat in the middle, in a line. place a cherry outside on the very top of each toothpick.
8. Pre-heat oven to 350* F. Adjust the heat as they get done.
9. Check on them after 45 minutes. If soft and juicy with the end of bone a solid brown, take out of the oven. Place on the stove, select your BBQ sauces (ok to mix 2 kinds -- example: mosquite & your choice). Remove the pineapples and cherries. Dredged with BBQ sauce mixture. Recover, and replace in the oven until the BBQ sauce is glossy and sticks good to the meat (basting brush needed) and mop w/ brush and BBQ sauce.
10. You will have an awesome dish.
Choice 2 is the simpler way without marinating.
1. You can just start with number 5 from the top directions.
2. Don't use the pineapples or cherries or green onions.
3. Use one small piece of yellow onion that are cut in 1/4 inch cubes.
4. Lay one carrot on both sides of ribs.
5. Surround with sliced bell peppers or bananna peppers or even red peppers for taste.
6. Use a light amount of BBQ sauce with the meat covered in foil. (When using foil in both dishes, use the shiney side in and dull side out for slower cooking and better taste for lesser dry meats.)
7. You will use water in the bottom of the pan to cover half of the pan after placing the meat.
8. You will use lesser heat (325* F) and you will mop BBQ sauce over your meat every 20-30 minutes until done.
Number of Servings: 1
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SERENDIPITYFR0G.