- Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 212.1
- Total Fat: 12.4 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 160.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.2 g
- Protein: 4.8 g
Vegan Peanut Butter BlondiesSubmitted by: SUNNYH99
IntroductionFrom "Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero. They recommend a metal pan, and cooling fully before cutting. From "Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar" by Isa Chandra Moskowitz & Terry Hope Romero. They recommend a metal pan, and cooling fully before cutting.
3/4 cup Peanut Butter, smooth or crunchy style
1/3 cup Canola Oil
1 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Non-dairy Milk
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 cup All-purpose White Flour
1/3 Peanuts, oil-roasted (with salt)
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
2. Lightly grease an 8X8 baking pan (they insist on metal). 3. Mix peanut butter, oil & sugar in mixing bowl with fork. 4. Add vanilla & non-dairy milk (I used soy, unsweetened) and mix in.
4. Now add flour, salt & baking powder & mix as well as you can with the fork, then knead it with your hands until well-mixed. It will hold together and not spread.
5. Place in pan and pat to fit evenly. Sprinkle with peanuts (I used whole ones with skin, most split into halves) and press lightly into surface.
6. Bake for 22-25 minutes, only until edges begin to brown slightly.
7. Set on rack &cool THOROUGHLY.
8. Cut into squares or wedges and serve.
Note: Mine didn't come out as well as I'd have liked because I used a glass pan, and didn't wait long enough before starting to cut and dig them out of the pan. I stuck the whole thing in the freezer and then finished the job about 15 minutes later. The rest came out fine, but they were fragile. Next time I'll use the right pan, let them cool fully, and try crushed peanuts.
But they are delicious! And the mangled ones made great topping for ice cream. I just crumbled them into a plastic container for the fridge.
Number of Servings: 16
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user SUNNYH99.