Tofu and Mushroom RisottoSubmitted by: JULIEIRENE
IntroductionVegetarian (easily Vegan) Risotto recipe. Good as entree or side. Can be varied any way you'd like. Makes 4 servings. Vegetarian (easily Vegan) Risotto recipe. Good as entree or side. Can be varied any way you'd like. Makes 4 servings.
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 cube Firm Tofu (about 14 oz), cut into 1/2" cubes
1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper (or to taste)
1 Small White Onion, chopped
2 cloves Garlic, minced
8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms, chopped
1 cup Arborio Rice
2 1/2 cups Veggie Broth
1/2 cup Water
1/2 cup Red Wine (dry is better)
1/4 cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese (optional, included in nuttrition count)
2. Sprinkle pepper on tofu cubes & then toss in oil about 3-4 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Add in onion and toss another 3-4 minutes until softened.
4. Toss in garlic, mushrooms and rice and stir another 2 min.
5. Add liquids (broth, water, wine) & bring to a boil.
6. Turn heat back down to medium and stir regularly until mixture is creamy and rice is tender.
7. If you are adding cheese, stir it in now until melted and serve.
This nutritional info is based on the recipe being split into 4 servings.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user JULIEIRENE.