- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 161.8
- Total Fat: 5.3 g
- Cholesterol: 26.6 mg
- Sodium: 251.2 mg
- Total Carbs: 24.9 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.7 g
- Protein: 4.5 g
Diabetic Cranberry Walnut MuffinsSubmitted by: DSTATZ
1/2 cup SPLENDA No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 cup unsweetened orange juice
1 tablespoon water
1/4 cup Beatrice Fat Free Sour Cream
4 teaspoons Becel Olive Oil Margarine
1 egg, large
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup frozen cranberries
2) Line 8 muffin cups of a 12-cup muffin tin. Set aside.
3) Mix Splenda, flours, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon in a medium sized mixing bowl. Set aside.
4) Mix orange juice, water, sour cream, margarine and egg in a small mixing bowl.
5) Add liquid mixture to dry mixture. Mix gently to combine. Add walnuts and cranberries and stir until just blended.
6) Spoon batter into eight muffin cups. Bake on top rack of preheated 375F oven 18-23 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DSTATZ.