Ugly CakeSubmitted by: DRSUNSHINE1
IntroductionA family tradition, suitable for birthdays, anniversaries or special events. This is a very rich cake! A family tradition, suitable for birthdays, anniversaries or special events. This is a very rich cake!
1 box yellow cake mix (I like Betty Crocker)
1 stick of butter (8tbsp), softened
1 bar of cream cheese (8 oz), softened
1 lb (16 oz / 453 g) powdered sugar
1. Prepare cake mix as directed by box.
2. Combine butter, cream cheese and powdered sugar in food processor. Process until combined. Makes a thick sauce-like consistency.
3. Pour cake batter into bundt pan, then spoon cream cheese mixture evenly over cake batter.
4. Bake for 1 hour or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
5. Turn cake over onto serving platter / cake plate. Cream cheese mixture will have backed through and formed an icing of sorts, which will cause cake to crumble in different places. Enjoy the ugliness! :)
Makes 12 servings (depending on how you cut)
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DRSUNSHINE1.