SconesSubmitted by: LIMASTAR
IntroductionHomemade Scones with Raisins and/or Cranberries Homemade Scones with Raisins and/or Cranberries
2 Cups White Flour
2 tsps Cream of Tartar
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 Cup Shortening
2 Large Eggs
1/4 Cup Milk
1/2 Cup Raisins
1/2 Cup Cranberries, Dried
2. Cut Shortening into the above dry ingredients.
3. Add the Raisins and/or Cranberries and mix well.
4. Mix the Milk & Eggs together and then add to dry ingredients.
5. Fold everything gently together until moisture is just absorbed.
6. Put mixture on a well floured surface and knead gently 2 or 3 times until a rough ball is formed.
7. Roll or pat out to a 10" circle. It will be about 1/2" thick.
8. Divide circle into 12 triangles, by cutting dough like a pie or pizza.
9. Arrange on greased cookie sheet about 1" apart.
10. Bake 10 - 12 minutes in 400 degree oven until lightly browned.
Servings: 12 Scones
The Recipe calls for salt but I usually leave it out because the Baking Soda has a lot. I also do not grease my cookie sheet and have had no problems with the Scones sticking.
Number of Servings: 12
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user LIMASTAR.