Quinoa with Turkey SausageSubmitted by: JUST_TRI_IT
IntroductionA very quick, high protein mix of the nutty crunch of quinoa and healthy aroma of turkey sausage. A very quick, high protein mix of the nutty crunch of quinoa and healthy aroma of turkey sausage.
* * 2 cups of Quinoa -1/4 cup dry = 1 serving
* * enough water to cook quinoa
* * Turmeric, ground, 1 tsp
* * Turkey Smoked Sausage, 16 oz
Salt and pepper to taste. Chives or other garnish if desired!
(1) Cook the quinoa as per the package. Towards the end of the cooking process, add the turmeric and mix in well.
(2) While quinoa is cooking, cut the turkey sausage into bite size pieces. Sauté.
(3) Once quinoa is fully cooked, add the turkey sausage and cook for a few more minutes. You might to add a bit of water
(4) Add salt and pepper to taste if you want more flavor.
O1: You could add other veggies to this (red bell pepper, mushrooms etc...)
O2: You could cook the quinoa in a broth.
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user DIANEPBH.