- Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 66.7
- Total Fat: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0.0 mg
- Sodium: 173.4 mg
- Total Carbs: 9.6 g
- Dietary Fiber: 2.2 g
- Protein: 2.8 g
Mexican Flavored Cauliflower RiceSubmitted by: BTRUE2YOU
1/4 Large Cauliflower Head ( After being pulsed in Food Processor Yields about 1.5-2 cups)
1TBSP Ground Cumin ( or a lil more or less if you prefer)
1TBSP Chili Powder (or a lil more or less if you prefer)
1/2 small finely chopped yellow onion
1/4 diced yellow bell pepper (or any pepper you prefer)
1/4 diced red bell pepper (again..any pepper you prefer)
1/2 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1/2 TBSP Olive Oil
1/2 TBSP of Tomato Paste
1/2 tsp Kosher salt (if desired)
*all ingredients above counted in nutrition info*
You can also use non stick spray if you prefer (you would save a few calories and fat)
2) Pulse the cauliflower in the processor until you have small rice-like bits. (cut w/ a knife if you don't have processor)
3) Heat oil in nonstick skillet.
4)Add cumin and chili powder and stir. Let that heat up for about a min....stir a few times
5)Add onion and peppers and coat w/ the seasonings until onion is cooked a bit (1 or 2 mins)
6) Add cauliflower rice to skillet and mix w/ the seasonings, onions and peppers
7) Add broth and tomato paste and stir until paste is dissolved.
8) Put lid over skillet...and let simmer over low heat for about 5 minutes.
Makes about 3 servings (1/2 cup each)
Number of Servings: 3
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user MMEDINA712.