- Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 196.7
- Total Fat: 2.7 g
- Cholesterol: 14.8 mg
- Sodium: 924.9 mg
- Total Carbs: 25.5 g
- Dietary Fiber: 10.1 g
- Protein: 17.6 g
Turkey & Cheese Chimichangas!Submitted by: BARBIEGIRL16
• 1/2 Lb. Extra-Lean Turkey
• 1 1/2 Cups FF Refried Beans
• 1 3/4 Cup Salsa
• 1/2 Cup Canned green Chili Peppers
• 1 Tsp. Chili Powder
• 3 Tbsp. Scallions, Thinly Sliced
• 1 Cup FF Cheddar
• 8 Mission Carb Balance Fajita Size Flour Tortillas
• 6 Tbsp. FF Sour Cream
2. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat. Coat a 13-X9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
3. Add turkey to skillet, and cook until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess liquid from pan and then add beans, 1 3/4 cups of salsa, chili peppers, chili powder and scallions. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes. Stir in cheese.
4. Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil; warm in oven for 10 minutes.
5. Assemble chimichangas by spooning about 1/2 cup of turkey mixture onto each tortilla; fold in sides and roll up.
6. Place chimichangas, seam-side down, in prepared baking dish. Bake, uncovered, until tortillas are crisp and browned, about 20 minutes. Top each with even dollops of sour cream.
7. Serve, and Enjoy!
Number of Servings: 8
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user BARBIEGIRL16.