- Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 256.6
- Total Fat: 10.7 g
- Cholesterol: 35.3 mg
- Sodium: 762.6 mg
- Total Carbs: 27.2 g
- Dietary Fiber: 15.4 g
- Protein: 27.5 g
Creamy chicken and spinach enchiladasSubmitted by: CALLIOCA
IntroductionThis is inspired by another spark recipe with high ratings, but I wanted to add some veggies and use low carb tortillas and greek yogurt! This is inspired by another spark recipe with high ratings, but I wanted to add some veggies and use low carb tortillas and greek yogurt!
1 1/2 cups chicken breast, cooked and chopped
10 oz (1 1/4 cup) greek yogurt, plain and fat free
4 cups spinach
1 T. chopped chives or green onions
2 T. whole wheat flour
1 T. ground cumin
2 t. chili powder
1 t. salt
1/2 cup soy milk
1 sweet red pepper
7 tortillas (low carb high fiber)
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1 chopped tomato
3 sliced mushrooms
1 avocado, chopped, for topping
2. In a large bowl, combine cooked chicken, spinach, green onions or chives, tomato, red pepper, and mushrooms (green chili peppers would be a great addition!). Mix well and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine yogurt, flour, cumin and salt. Add milk and jalapeño pepper and mix well.
4. Pour half the sauce into the chicken and spinach mixture and mix well. Divide the filling among the tortillas. Fold opposite ends of a tortilla up about 1 inch over filling then fold the left and right sides over the folded end, overlapping.
5. Place filled tortillas, seam sides down on an ungreased rectangular baking dish.
6. Spoon remaining sauce over the tortillas and bake, uncovered, in a 350° F oven for about 20 minutes or until heated through.
8. Top with salsa, chives, avocado as desired and serve.
Makes 7-8 well-filled tortillas!
(To make it a bit creamier, you could substitute some sour cream for some of the greek yogurt.)
Number of Servings: 7
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user CALLIOCA.