Lamb CurrySubmitted by: KATZEYESPA
IntroductionI got this recipe from Recipezaar (#22275) and modified it a bit. It's amazing and very easy to make. I got this recipe from Recipezaar (#22275) and modified it a bit. It's amazing and very easy to make.
1-1.5 lb diced lamb (leg or shoulder)
1 Tbsp grapeseed or canola oil
1 1/2 large onions, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh ginger
1 Tbsp curry powder
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 large ripe tomato
1/2 cup Muir Glen Organics fire roasted diced tomatoes with green chillies (can use another large tomato and 1 fresh chili instead)
1 Tbsp chopped fresh mint
1/2 tsp garam masala
1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) or mint
2. Add the curry powder, salt and lemon juice and stir to mix thoroughly.
3. Add the lamb and stir constantly until the lamb is coated with the spice mixture.
4. Add the tomatoes, chillies and mint. Optional: add 1-2 cups of cubed sweet or red potato and 1 cup hot water and 1 Tbsp tomato paste (not included in nutritional data).
5. Cover and cook over a very low heat for about an hour and 15 minutes or until the lamb is cooked. Make sure there is enough liquid to keep the lamb from sticking to the pan - add hot water if necessary. If after an hour, the mixture is too soupy, uncover for the last 15-30 minutes letting the curry reduce.
6. Add the garam masala and chopped coriander in the last 5 minutes of cooking.
Number of Servings: 4
Recipe submitted by SparkPeople user KATZEYESPA.